Frustrating moments

AHHHH!! I'm so sorry I know its been way to freaking long! Please dont kill me!! Anyway, I'm hoping to really start picking this story up as I realize its probably not my strongest. But here is another chapter and I hope you enjoy!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Maya could handle a lot of things, the rumors at school, the messed up arranged marriage, even dealing with the fact that she might not be able to go to college. But this, this was just a little too much.

"She wants to what?!" Maya asked with her arms crossed.

"My mother wants to go shopping with you and help pick out a dress for the wedding." Josh replied in a much calmer voice.

"Absolutely not!" Maya shook her head as she walked back over to where her desk chair was in her room and sat down on it while Josh occupied the bed.

It was almost midnight and this had become a sort of routine with Maya and Josh. Josh would wait until Maya's parents would go to bed and then he would sneak into Maya's bedroom at night. It wasn't like they had to keep it a secret, but it just seemed to be easier this way. Ever since their truce it seemed like things were actually bearable between the two, they could actually stand to be around each other.

"Well you were planning on wearing a dress, weren't you?" Josh asked her sarcastically. Maya glared at him.

"I was thinking about the black one that I wore for my grandfathers funeral last summer." She retorted. Josh scoffed.

"Real funny." He deadpanned. Maya let out a frustrated sigh as she sat back in her chair and stared at the floor. "It's just one afternoon and she's offering to pay for it." Josh told her. Maya sighed.

"Josh lets be real for a moment, your mother is going to pick out the dress that she wants, not me." Josh shrugged his shoulders.

"Well its not like you'll ever have to wear it again." Josh told her. Maya snapped her head up at him. "I-I mean for that dress. Obviously you'll wear a different dress for whoever you get married too later." Josh stuttered. Maya looked at him for a moment.

"Do you even realize how that sentence sounded." She stated causing Josh to throw his hands up in the air.

"Well gees Maya, what do you want me to say?" He asked her clearly getting just as frustrated.

"I dont know." She sighed. "I guess this is all just becoming too real." She whispered as she ran a hand through her hair.

Josh stared at her as he felt a small drop in the pit of his stomach. She didnt want this, and he couldn't blame her. His offer to just call the whole thing off was still running through his head, for her sake. Instead of bringing it back up and causing her more stress, Josh decided to cause her more stress in a different area of her life.

"Why is Leo still hanging around you?" He asker her. Maya narrowed her eyebrows.

"He's not." She told him. Josh scoffed.

"Seems like wherever you are, he is too. He still texts you, still tries to talk to you in school, and the other day at Topanga's still bothers me." Josh told her honestly.

"Why? Its not like its your problem." she told him. Josh rolled his eyes.

"It kind of is, you're my fiancé." Josh replied. Now it was Maya's turn to scoff.

"Only for business purposes! Oh and by the way, for future references, I am not 'Yours'. I am my own person, and I make my own decisions." Maya told him referring to the other day when Josh had made his little statement to Leo.

"Oh come on, Maya. You know I didnt mean it that way. He just needs to back off!" Josh told her. Maya shook her head.

"You sound jealous." She told him. Josh bit his lip before standing up from her bed and walking around the room.

"I just know what his brother is like, and I can tell he's going to go down the same road and become the same person. I'm just trying to help you watch your back." Josh told her darkly. Although his tone held no room for argument over the subject, so Maya didnt bring it back up.

"When does your mom want to go shopping?" Maya asked quietly with a sigh. She was too tired to argue anymore, she just wanted to get this whole thing over with. Josh turned back to her with a much calmer face than before.

"Next Saturday. She wants to take you, Riley and your mom out to lunch as well. She also wants to check out the church for the wedding and the venue for the reception." Maya felt everything was coming down on her. But instead of saying anything she just nodded her head at Josh before getting up from her chair and facing her window.

"You should go. Its getting late and Riley wont be able to stay awake much longer to let you back into the apartment." Maya whispered. Josh could tell she was struggling with everything. So before he left he walked over to where she stood and put a assuring hand on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry you have to go through this." He whispered. Maya still had her back to him. "I promise, I'll fix it, we really dont have to go through with it." Maya turned around causing his hand to fall off her shoulder.

"I cant do that to my parents. Yes it sucks that they're doing this to me, but I cant." Maya told him.

For the first time Josh and Maya was able to look deeply into the other one's eyes. This was a moment that meant something different for the both of them.

After a moment, Josh finally broke the moment and gave her a tense smile.

"Get some rest. I'll see you tomorrow." He told her before heading out the window and back down to the streets of New York.

~
The next day however, was not good even in the slightest.

Maya walked into school and was greeted with hushed whispers and people staring at her in disgust. Maya tried to keep her head up high and continue to walk unbothered by all the prying eyes, that was until she got to her locker.

Maya dropped her bag on the floor as she looked on the locker door that she used to call her own.

'SLUT'

Was written in big bold letters right across the locker. Maya swallowed the lump that was in her throat as she felt the entire hall surround her and a hand lay on her shoulder.

"Maya." She heard the calm voice of her bestfriend.

"Who did this!" Cory demanded as he looked around the hallway at all the quiet students. Lucas and Farkle still expelled from school, which was probably a good thing considering what was going on at the moment.

The whole hall was quiet. Nobody was speaking a word. Maya looked over to see Leo with his head down staring straight at the floor. With a shake of her head and a scoff of her lips, Maya picked her backpack up and went to her locker to put in the combination.

As she opened her locker, she had to take a hurried step back as a bunch of index cards fell out of locker. Maya stared at them as Riley grabbed her arm again.

"Dont read any of those." She told Maya as she glared at the rest of the school hallway. "I'll walk you home." Riley told her. But Maya shook her head.

"No. I'm not going home, not today." She said loudly so that everyone around her could hear. "I'm not letting them pull be down any further." She stated. With one last look to Leo, Maya shoved her bag into her locker and closed it with a slam. She gave Cory a small smile before stepping into his classroom.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Have a great day everyone!