The Company We Keep

Hi everyone! To be honest I'm having some writer's block with this story. Like I know what I want to write but I also dont really know how to get there. I know how I want the story to go, I know how I want it to end but its the filling in the blanks that's a little foggy. Anyway I appreciate you guys being so patient with me.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As Graduation day creeped closer and closer, Maya was reminded that so was the wedding. It was now only a week away from graduation and the whole school was beaming. Everyone but Maya. The decorations and the smiling faces that caused everyone to get more and more excited, caused Maya to get more and more anxiety.

Everyone had left her alone about the wedding, even though she was still getting looks as she crossed the hallways and walked into class. Sometimes she would catch Leo staring at her before she turned away and sighed. Lucas and Farkle had been more protective over her as well. Giving looks to everyone, daring them to come up and say something to her.

The weight of the engagement ring on her finger seemed to be getting heavier and heavier each day. Dreading this next week as she had something planned almost every day leading up to the wedding. Tonight, her and Josh had to meet his parents for dinner with a couple who were their biggest sponsors. Donated thousands of dollars over the years to their company. It was a big deal to Allen and Amy.

Maya didnt know how she was going to be able to get through this next week, tonight alone was enough to make her scream. Josh had told her he would pick her up from the Matthews at six that night.

On the brighter side of things (not really) Maya had found a dress. One that she actually liked. It wasn't anything fancy, not the way that Amy was thinking anyway. Her and Riley were browsing around New York City without Amy, seeing if they would have better luck without her. Maya didnt even have to try it on to know that it was the one for her.

They also went and picked out the flowers that she wanted, looked at china patterns, made her and Josh's registry list of the things that they had talked about, and even went to check out the venue to ask the preacher if they could rope off a particular place in the church for the people that Josh and Maya wanted there, and not the ones that Amy and Allen had put on the list. Making sure that their friends and family had a special place.

At the end of the day, Maya had felt like that maybe, just maybe, if the wedding wasn't  forced, that she could have really enjoyed this wedding. Even if she was marrying Josh, in which her middle school self is screaming within her. Maya chuckled at her childish self.

"Big night, tonight?" Riley asked as she came to lean against the lockers beside Maya. Maya glared at her.

"I dont want to even think about it. All night I'm going to have to sit there and answer questions and learn about the background story of how the Matthew's family business had came to be." Maya told her. Riley laughed.

"A story that I have heard about a thousand times, and a story that I can promise Josh has heard about a million more times than that." She told her. Maya rolled her eyes, Riley was very much on Josh's side of things.

"I'm sure. It will be amazing if we do make it to the wedding, a miracle that we both hadn't made a suicide pact by then." Maya deadpanned. Riley smiled.

"What are you going to wear?" She asked.

"Clothes." She answered shutting her locker and turning towards her best friend. Riley shoved her shoulder playfully.

"Can we talk?" Riley and Maya's heads looked over at Leo standing there before them. Riley glares at him as Maya clutched her books tighter to her chest. "Please?" He asked as he motioned to the hallway. School had just ended and Riley and Maya had been waiting on Cory to finish up.