Dinner from hell

As you can tell by the title, crap about to go down...
_____________________________
Josh was buzzed in by Topanga right at six o'clock. He walked through the door wearing a nice long sleeve red button down shirt with dark jeans and a black tie. To make the outfit look a little more formal, he threw in a nice blazer jacket so his parents wouldn't fuss at him for not 'looking the part'

After much arguing and hair pulling, Maya finally agreed to letting Riley dress her in a nice red cocktail dress that reached to right above her knees. It fit her perfectly. Hugging her curves and clinging to her body in all the right places. One side of her hair was clipped up while the other side draped across her back and her shoulder in waves. Her makeup done to perfection.

Josh had to practically pick up his jaw from the floor when she walked into the living room. There weren't very many moments that could make Joshaya Matthews speechless. Josh cleared his throat.

"You look gorgeous." He said. Maya gave him a small smile as she grabbed the purse that Riley was holding out to her with a grimace.

"Is this necessary?" Maya asked her. Riley rolled her eyes and went to stand directly in front of her best friend with a sarcastic smile on her face. She grabbed onto Maya's shoulders and cleared her throat.

"Peaches, as much as you hate to admit it. YOU. ARE. A. GIRL." Riley yelled in her face. Maya smirked at her.

"And what if I had decided I didn't want to be a girl anymore?" She asked Riley. Josh shook his head.

"Great for you! Bad for me." He told her as he was starting to shift uncomfortably where he stood. Riley and maya looked over at him. Riley looked confused and Maya smirked.

"You okay?" Riley asked her uncle. Josh however, did not answer her. Instead he looked at his watch and nodded at the time.

"We better go before we're late, not the best way to make a first impression." Josh told them. Riley gave Maya a reassuring smile before Josh walked over and grabbed her hand. Maya noticed how tight he had gripped her.

As he led her out into the hallway he looked over at her and glared. Maya was a bit taken back by this reaction. She reached around him and pressed the elevator button to go down. Josh was still glaring at her.

"What?" She snapped at him. That made his glare deepen.

"Two things. One, why the hell would you wear something like that." He demanded to know. But Maya was not picking up on what he was talking about.

"What do you mean? You told me to dress formal! This is formal! Am I too dressed up?" She began to worry. This dinner was a big deal to Josh's parents, she really didn't want to screw it up. Josh rolled his eyes.

"Oh no you'll fit in just fine." Josh snapped at her. "Did you even once think about what this dress my do to me if you wore it!" He snapped at her. Maya's eyes widened. She was waiting for him to start laughing or say just kidding! But he didn't, his face remained a glare.

"So what? You're like in love with me now?" She asked him in disbelief. Josh rolled his eyes.

"Don't be ridiculous." He snapped. After what she had heard from Leo today. That was not the type of response she wanted. This put her in a much more foul mood. He could have been a bit nicer in telling her that he would never love her. She got that message years ago. She didn't need reminding.

"Then what's your point." She said throug gritted teeth. Josh rolled his eyes and stepped into the elevator.

"You can't be serious, Maya." He told her as she followed him in. Maya scoffed.