2

The cold night breeze hit you, sending shivers down your spine. If it wasn't because of the fight between you and the old man, you would've been in the bed already, laying comfortably in the comfy bed of yours.

The weather became colder, same goes to your heart. It feels like no one wants you anymore.

But then someone tapped your shoulder from behind, making you gasped. You looked up with red puffy eyes only to see Daniel, sighing seeing your condition.

"Dad is a asleep." He said as he gestured you to go back into the house.

"Daniel-ah, I think I wanna leave this place."

He rolled his eyes annoyingly before dragging you inside by force. "Hah. The farthest you've gone to was your friend's house."

"By the way, the house next to us.. did someone finally move in?" You asked, suddenly remembering about the masked man.

"Why do you ask?"

"I saw someone entering that house just now! And that person even talked to me!" You whispered, while slowly walking upstairs with him.

"You probably encountered a ghost." He shrugged as he stepped into his room, ready to sleep. What he said was ridiculous and didn't even affect you.

You followed him inside, then sat on his leather chair to talk with him a little bit more.

"By the way, don't you think that I'm already old enough to date someone? I have a job."

"Age isn't a problem here. You shouldn't be mad at dad. He just wants the best for us." He stated while fixing his position in the bed.

"What I'm hurt the most is.. when he slapped me in the face, saying that I'm useless."

"I know. It's heartbreaking when someone we love the most did that to us." He mumbled, followed by a sigh.

He'd gone through that also as he once broke the rule. He felt like the whole world had collapsed when it once happened to him. He'd never thought that you would end up doing the same thing as him.

"Let this be a lesson to you. Do not date a man who has no intention of making you his wife. You only get hurt at last." He said.

As a response, you just quietly sighed. Everything that happened was out of your control. The breakup had never crossed your mind to actually happen and that it would hurt that much. It wasn't like what you'd planned.

Realizing that you were all quiet out of the blue, Daniel knew you had no idea how to reply to him. It was time to end the conversation.

"Anyway, we have a new client tomorrow so wake up early."

~~~

The next day, you and Daniel left early to work. Your dad have left for work too while your mom stayed at home as usual.

As your eyes were busy scanning everything at the outside through the window, something unusual had grabbed your attention. There was an empty shop with a banner on it's window. It said, New Cafe Opening Soon.

"A new cafe is opening soon! We can stop by there to have our breakfast everyday!" You said excitedly but Daniel wasn't that interested. He kept his eyes on the road.

"Mom prepares breakfast for us everyday."

"Umm, maybe we can have our lunch there when it's opened. I'm sick for eating the same food in the cafe we usually go." You whined.

"You've got to be grateful that you still have the chance to eat at least."

"Fine. You win." You crossed your arms, irritated that he always say something that could turn you speechless in an instant.

A few hours later, it was finally the time to meet the client who was assigned to you and Daniel by the company for a new project.

The man had dark brown hair, tall, and handsome.

He sat across the two of you while you scanned through the client's data on the screen.

"So, your name is... Kim Taehyung?"