18

Days passed real quick until it was already your second day on Jeju Island. You didn't do much on the first day as everyone was exhausted by the long journey. Fortunately, the house was large enough to fit eleven people inside.

Jimin shared a room with Jungkook, Hoseok with Namjoon, Taehyung with Jin while Yoongi? He had a room all to himself.

After breakfast, Daniel, Jimin and you were assigned to buy some groceries. But of course, those were not the only ones in your list.

"Daniel, I want that." You pouted, pointing at the expensive chocolates while leaning against the cart.

"I'm the one who's paying so no." He shot you a glare.

"Danieeelllll." You pleaded but he didn't respond and just kept on moving forward with Jimin.

"You stingy!" You yelled which grabbed the kid's attention who was sitting in another cart.

Suddenly, the cart didn't move as you wanted, the wheels were stuck because of something. You had to push it harder for it to move but once you did, the cart instantly hit the rack next to you.

You automatically shut your eyes, preparing to be hit by all of the dolls that fell simultaneously on you. It didn't hurt at all until one of the dolls fell directly on your fractured wrist.

A chill ran through everyone's spine as they heard your piercing scream. Both Jimin and Daniel immediately ran to you to check on you.

"Are you okay?" Daniel anxiously asked while checking your condition. Meanwhile, Jimin was busy putting all of the dolls back.

Everything was so sudden, especially it happened in front of everybody in which made you even more embarrassed.

"Sorry." You mumbled and leaned against Daniel to hide your face from all of the stares.

"Let me push the cart." Jimin warmly smiled to you and quickly took over the cart.

After shopping for the groceries, unexpectedly, Daniel stopped by an ice cream shop. He wanted to brighten you up and it seemed like, he did it.

"Choose whatever you wa—"

"I want the most expensive one!" You said as you stood with hands spread over the chilled glass. The most expensive one is usually the best one but not all the time though.

He sighed, "Fine, go ahead."

Daniel treated the three of you ice creams and while you were enjoying it, Daniel was somehow busy with his phone on the table instead of enjoying the ice cream like how you and Jimin did.

However, what made you extremely uncomfortable was, when he kept on glancing at you as if he was hiding something.

"What?" You raised an eyebrow at him.

He quickly shook his head, "Nothing."

The way he responded made him even more suspicious. Without thinking much, you snatched his phone away and checked his phone screen. Seeing your reaction after looking at the phone screen, he knew that it was already too late for him to take it back.

Daniel was actually chatting with Tulip. But what shocked you the most was her latest message.

'It's better if you're going to the class reunion without Seren. Everyone might be uncomfortable to have her around.'

"Class reunion? You didn't tell me anything." You said and lifted your eyes to look at him.

He was quiet for a few seconds, he couldn't endure to see the disappointment in your eyes.

"It's better if you don't know."

"Why? Are you ashamed of me?" A deep frown gradually formed on your face as you began to remember the dark memories filled with fear, anxiety and stress.

"Kang Daniel, are you even on my side? No, are you even my brother?"

Hearing that question, he could only let out a sigh as a response, enough to make you lose your trust on him.

"I'll be waiting in the car." You grabbed for the car keys on the table and stormed out of the ice cream shop.

"What's happening?" Jimin asked, puzzled at the scene and was surprised at how your mood could drastically change.

"Our ex-classmates from primary school plan to do a class reunion. But I didn't tell Seren about this.." He paused before proceeding, "..because she's not invited."

"What?!"

"Everyone in the class hated her. Back then Seren was bullied by them, not physically but verbally and emotionally. She started to skip classes and ended up moving to another school but I didn't."

"Why?"

"I was completely a fool back then. I chose to stay with the bullies over my own sister. I never stood up for her and even stayed away from her." He explained.

After a short silence, he spoke up again, "You know what else made them hate her?"

Jimin shook his head.

"Our dad was the school principal. Most people hated him because of his strict rules, including the teachers."

"Did you get bullied also?"

"No," Daniel laughed, but then his face slowly changed, "..because I told them that I hate them both."

Jimin noticed the sad looks on his face listening to his whole story. He was just a desperate kid back then, who had no choice but to save himself on his own way. But now, he felt like, he didn't deserve to breathe at all after what he had done.

~~~

Both you and Daniel hadn't exchanged a single word since then. That night, Jimin was planning to sleep early as everyone planned to go to the beach the next day. But he couldn't. He kept on thinking about you and Daniel. He wanted the two of you to make up but he had no idea how.

It wasn't his thing to worry about someone else, but if it involved you, then he couldn't just sit quietly and watch.

Jimin was thinking for a way to solve the problem until Jin suddenly barged into his room which immediately pulled him out of his thoughts and brought him to the present.

"Guys, where's Taehyung?"