35

"It's me, Jimin."

You remained silent for a few seconds, the sound of his voice brought a lump to your throat. Love and hate started to become one emotion.

"Who are you?" You scoffed and in the same time kicking Daniel out of your room.

Jimin softly chuckled through the phone, "It's only been a month and you already forgot me?"

"I'm serious, who are you?" You asked once again, this time sounded more annoyed than before.

"Do you have lots of friends named Jimin? It's me, Park Jimin."

"Ah~ You mean the one who made all of my hard work went to waste?"

Jimin was at a loss for words. He could sense that you were mad at him and feared that the more he talked, the worse the situation might be. But still, he felt the need to proceed.

"I don't understand. Tell me, what did I do wrong?" He asked with his soft and angelic voice, trying his best to calm you down.

"Everything. Everything you did was wrong. Why are you calling after a month?" You mumbled the last line.

"I'm sorry... I was so busy and I couldn't reach you with my old number. I swear, I did try to call you before. This is my new number, save it, okay? And is that why you sound so mad?"

You didn't answer and Jimin didn't want to force you also. None of you were saying anything until he spoke up.

"Hey, Seren. Look out of your window now."

"What? My window? Now?"

"Yeah."

Though you were clueless on what he was trying to do, you still listened to him by walking towards your window. Your scanned the quiet street through the window and immediately spotted cats straying along gutters but that's it. There was nothing extraordinary.

"Now what?"

"Look at the sky. Can you see the moon?"

You then looked up and the moon, so full and bright, shone against your face, light twinkling in your eyes. It was bright and beautiful, just the sight of it was able to offer you comfort and sooth your heart.

"Yeah. I can see it. So?"

Jimin softly chuckled.

"What I want to say is, even though we are far away from each other right now, we can still look at the same moon together. This makes me feel like we are so close to each other." He paused for awhile, then continued,

"Seren, don't you miss me? Because I miss you."

The moment the words left his lips, you froze. A warm rush rose in your neck and cheeks as you blushed at what he just said. That's exactly what you wanted to hear. You didn't utter a word, but your heart was already screaming the answer.

"Jimin, how are you doing?"

"Fine, I guess? I'm working at my dad's bookstore."

"Your dad has a bookstore?"

"Yeah, but you don't need to sound so amazed about that. It's just a small bookstore." He laughed.

"I wish I can go there and look at it."

"So the only thing that you want to see is my dad's bookstore?"

"Yeah, why not?"

"What about me? Don't you want to see me?"

"No." You joked.

"Aish. By the way, you haven't answered my question yet. Don't you miss me? Yes or yes?"

"Those two options are the same!" You laughed and so did he.

The two of you continued to talk on the phone. An hour later, one question that you'd been wanting to ask him suddenly popped up inside your head. It was a risky one, as you had a fifty percent chance of getting hurt.

"Jimin,"

"Yea?"

"Nothing."

The fear of getting hurt held you back.

"Come on."

But if you continued to act like this, you could never find the answer.

"You and Yuna... are dating, right?"

He didn't reply.

"Are you doing great with Taehyung?"

"Answer my question first!" You urged. Changing the topic out of the blue was already a bad sign.

Based on the time he took just to respond, you could feel that he was indeed hesitating to answer.

"Well... yea."

"If Yuna knows that you're calling me this late instead of her, she'll be mad."

"It's okay, we are friends after all. She'll understand."

And that was how the conversation between two friends ended.

~~~

"Jimin told me that you suddenly hung up last night. Why?"

That was the first question he asked as soon as you stepped into the car.

"If he asks you anything about me again, tell him that I'm dead." you buckled your seatbelt before crossing your arms and scowling down at the dashboard.

Daniel shrugged and drove off.

"Was I being too obvious? I guess he already knew that I like him, and he decided to date Yuna so that I can forget about him. Right?" You said out of the blue.

"Maybe."

You shot him a death glare and hit his arm, making Daniel jumped in his seat by the sudden hit that he received.

"Did I say something wrong? Forget about that jerk. Who knows, maybe the man that dad chose is better than Jimin."

"What do you mean?" You frowned, already had a bad feeling about it.

He glanced to look at your reaction then focused back on the road.

"Dad haven't told you yet?"

You shook your head, confusion written all over your face.

"He already found you a man and he wants you to meet him tonight."