The Lavender Angels

Two beautiful white hair girls flew through the air performing their tricks to the audience's amusement. They bowed to the crowd before going back to their home, a small little detachable trailer just big enough for the both of them to live in. They were the only ones who didn't greet or send the guest at the start or end of the night. They didn't trust the people walking in or out of the circus at night. Man is known to be cruel to people like them. The twins were confused on how any of the workers could wear a smile like the pain behind them wasn't there.

A beautiful strawberry blonde woman, no more than 20, walked over with their dinner for the night. She smiled seeing the twins. "Tonight's your favorite. I tried hard to keep the others from eating all of it." She gave it to the girls.

"Thank you." they whispered to her as they went inside. They didn't talk with the woman even though they held her secrets in a silent vault within them as she held their secrets.

Long before the girls became one of the featured beauties of the Circus De Rosette, they were normal girls in a small town. Their mother had raised the girls alone. Their father didn't want the burden he saw the girls. He only wanted to use their mother and nothing more. He left before the girls were even born. He was a cruel man that would return every time he knew the mother was down on her luck. The girls grew up in constant fear of the drunken monster that was their father. The poor woman was indebted to the man and had no choice in the pain she endured. She was nothing more than a common woman of the night.

In a world full of monsters and madness, the girls barely saw any signs of hope of escaping the world they were born into. Their mother homeschooled them to the best of her abilities, in order to protect them from the monsters that might take them. She feared what their father might do to them. She didn't want them to be sold into a life they could never escape. So she hides them from the world. Whenever a guest would come over she would hide them under the floorboards of their home. She made sure they knew how cruel the world was and why they had to be protected from it. She tried to make a safe place for them in their home.

They didn't live in anything fancy. They had a one bedroom house that was big enough for one of them to live in comfortably in. It wasn't in the safest part of town or the nicest. They lived in an area of town that would be considered the slums. The mother earned enough to keep their home and get what they needed in life, but not much more than that.

One storming night, the girls were no more than 12, their father was drunk when he broke into their home. Their mother hid them under the floor where they kept things they didn't need in the house. They fought about money and other things the man demanded of her. The twins could see all of this through the old boards. They watched their mother be beaten to the floor above them. Too terrified to manage a single sound, they watched as the man produced a gun and shot their mother. The man left groaning about finding the creatures she produced and forcing them to pay the debts she left behind. The twins stayed under the floor the rest of the night crying for the loss of their mother as her blood dripped on them. When they were sure they were safe they quickly packed a single bag or clothes and food for themselves and left.

They wandered around for a couple days before they came across a parade of wonders announcing the circus was in town. A woman stood in front of the group. Her face was covered by a mask that covered her mouth. It frightened and confused them, because it looked as if her face was a skull but only half of it, the rest was covered by a vail. They thought she could possibly be one.

She danced around singing a song that drew you closer to them and forced you to follow her and her group of wonders. The girls thoughts changed from thinking she was a skeleton in clothes to maybe she was a siren in disguise. The woman stopped in front of a man who had a stern look but it softened seeing the skeleton ringmistress.