The Flying Thief

While resting after dinner, the ringmaster came into Miss Ambrose's tent. He was in a panic. It wasn't normally like this. He was a calm person, who never got angry with anyone. Even with the amount of harassment they had gotten.

"Miss Ambrose! I need your help. Elena said you know her secret and how to help. Please visit this place in town and give them this. Don't talk to anyone or tell them what is going on." he gave her a note with an address. She knew this place it was where the rich bought their drugs. How could they help? "Please stay safe. This a matter of life and death."

"What is going on?! Is Elena alright?!" she got up quickly and got her coat on.

"There's no time to talk about it. Please hurry." he ran out back to wherever he came from. She ran after him to see him go into Elena's trailer to find her looking like death. Aster explained what was wrong and why she needed to go help. Very few people knew about Elena's secret and Miss Ambrose knew it was most definitely a life or death situation. Elena had used too much of her special white substance she always used to make her feel better. Especially after her brother's abuse. She ran off to town as quickly as she could. As she ran, she thought about what led to this. How could this happen? Was it her fault?

Long ago before Miss Ambrose was born, her family had built their empire. Their empire consisted of many things that the people of their town needed. Everything from common goods to more luxury goods and furnishing for every room. Slowly they built to what the state needed, but that was all a cover for their real business. Once they were settled all over and were now making a very handsome income, her parents decided to have a child.

They had a daughter, the heiress of their company. She was well loved by her family until one day life had become very different for her. Her family had told her what they actually did for a living. Having things that everyone needed wasn't paying as much as selling humans was. The family would trick young people to work for them and then trap them. They were forced to do whatever they wanted wherever the family wanted or sold them to. They forced the people into modern slavery. The girl was so disgraced by learning this. How many people had they trapped into this?

Their daughter ran away too disgraced to show her face around anyone who knew her. She already had to hide one secret, hiding another was not something she could do. She couldn't continue their terrible business and had to find a way to end it. No one would ever believe and would do anything about it if they did.

She ran away and found herself alone with the clothes on her back and coins to her name. She didn't have enough for a room for the night. She had to learn to take care of herself. No longer was she and heiress of a multimillion dollar company she was a thief trying to survive like everyone else. She was a nobody who had some very interesting skills. Her mother had hired some interesting people to teach her. They gave her an interesting set of skills that interested two very interesting people.

The city ended up, was very big and close together. Just perfect for someone to hide in plane sight without being noticed. One day, she was running away from the police taking the rooftops to make a quick escape. The pair watched from a store across the way as the girl jumped off the roof doing a backflip to help her land safely. Sadly this time the girl did not escape from this. The police arrested her and took her down to the station. They had done a number on her for escaping them one too many times in a cruel act to see if she would behave. Luckily for her she had a new set of friends arrive to save her. A woman walked in wearing a vale that hid her face. She was placed in the same cell as she was.

"I saw you jump from that roof. You have a very interesting skill set from what I've seen." the woman smiled. Ivy could see her red lips curl from under her vale.