13

Mason laughed in Sarina's face. "You can't have one. I'm not losing my inheritance over your vendetta with me. Do you want to lose yours?"

"Actually, I won't. I get to keep mine and yours."

"What are you talking about?" Mason growled as he rubbed his forehead.

"The person that files for divorce loses their inheritance, unless they can prove that the other person has abused the sanctuary of marriage, like being unfaithful for an example."

Mason froze. Did he hear Sarina correctly. This is exactly what he wanted right from day one, an out. But now, it was at the top of his list of things he refused to do.

"And I have proof of that." Sarina sneered. She enjoyed how Mason was once again at a lost.

"How?"

Sarina sat silently, leaving a dramatic pause. "I made a few new friends when I befriended Mike."

Mason closed the gap between them. Sarina stood straight her head high as she eyed him.

"I'll just deny it all. I'll say the evidence was doctored." Mason's nostrils flared as he growled at her.

"Why do you want me to stay married to you?" Sarina snapped at him but her answer wasn't what she expected.

Mason placed his lips on her, his hands on her arms as they fell on to Sarina's bed.

Sarina tried getting up, but she was pinned. She felt his weight on hers as she tried to reclaim her lips. Mason's hands held her down by the wrists, his body on top of hers.

Sarina moved her head to the side and tried to breath, but Mason shoved his tongue in her mouth. Alarmed, Sarina froze. Her heart was hammering in her chest.

"Enough of this." Mason moaned into her mouth. "I don't want to hear any more of this conversation."

Sarina scurried up her bed the second Mason released her. Mason straightened himself up as he got off the bed. "Now go downstairs and finish your dinner. Then I expect to see you in my bed. If you will not go down stairs to eat, I will make you eat."

On that note, Mason left Sarina there as he walked out.

Sarina touched her lips as she slid her knees up. It was going to be a long night.

Sarina felt the urge to fight Mason, but she was too emotionally drained. He always made her feel that way. She sat at the table and yet again picked at her dinner. When she was finally excused, she went to her room and had a shower.

Sarina looked at her door as she walked in to her bedroom. She had locked it yet again. Smiling to herself, she got dressed and started drying her hair.

Bent over with a towel rubbing in her hair, Sarina didn't see the feet in front of her till she stood upright.

"Mason!" She gasped. "How did you..." Sarina's voice trail led off as he showed her the spare key for her door.

"Are we going to do this the easy way or the hard way." Mason sighed. She saw the look in his eyes, she saw he expected her to fight.

Sarina narrowed her eyes as she threw the towel to the ground and stormed out off her room, slamming the door to her bedroom then to his bedroom.

She just wanted to sleep. She didn't want to fight or talk, just to sleep.

Mason spent a productive day getting nothing done at work. He went to his mother's house then to work to confront his father before going to his lawyers.