26

Mason wasn't sure if he heard that correctly. He wanted Sarina to say it again to him, but she had broke down, crying in to her hands.

Mason went to console her, but Sarina pushed him off her. "Just get the stupid release forms."

Mason stared at her. He did this. All of this. Now he wanted to fix it and he couldn't.

"Get them!"

Closing his eyes in annoyance, he stormed out of the room for the paperwork.

After Sarina signed them and they went to a chemist for Iron tablets, Mason drove her back to the hotel.

He helped Sarina out of the car and to the lobby. "What? I thought..." She looked at him confused.

"Only for a couple more days." He muttered as he pushed the button for the elevator. "Then you will be coming home. I'll be checking that credit card too, to make sure your eating."

Sarina rolled her eyes as she shrugged Mason off her, stepping in to the elevator.

"So I will pick you up Thursday morning." Mason stated as they went up in the elevator.

The doors opened and Sarina pulled out her key for her room.

"And Sarina?"

Sarina opened the door and turned to him. "Don't do anything stupid."

"Then why leave me here, alone and unattended?"

"Because I'm putting all my trust in you." Mason went to tuck a lose strand of Sarina's hair behind her ear, but Sarina stepped back.

"I know I need to earn your trust again. I'm putting everything in you." Mason turned and walked away as Sarina closed the door.

She waited several minutes before the tears started again. "Stop crying!" She screamed at herself as she slumped to the floor.

She held herself as she rocked, ashamed she had admitted her love to him.

Mason was shocked. He didn't think Sarina felt that way. But now that he knew, he felt worse about himself. He felt relieved that Katy's baby wasn't his.

But he was so angry over the false accusations. He had set his lawyer up on helping him with the divorce crap and the accusations. Katy pleaded that Mason was the only person she had slept with in four months, but Mason knew her better than that.

He had threaten Katy, once the DNA tests came back negative, that if she tried to contact him again, he would sue her for defamation.

His main focus was on Sarina. He didn't want anyone to have his kids unless it was Sarina and she was trying to divorce him.

As soon as Mason walked in the door, his phone rang. Groaning at the screen he answered it.

"Hi, mum. No she is fine. Just stressed. We've had a lot going on these past couple weeks. No mum. Dinner sounds great. I'm pretty tied up right now, in a week or two? Great. Bye."

Mason kept it short. His parents didn't know about Sarina really being a kidnapped toddler named Isabella from Costa Rica and it looked like Sarina couldn't handle the news herself.

Then his phone buzzed again. "For fuck sake." Mason groaned as his father's name popped up. He let it ring out. He didn't want to talk to his father right now as he went to the study.

Mason barely sat down when his phone went off for a third time. "What now?" He groaned as he answered it.

"Hello? Speaking. Uh, yep." His tone changed completely. It was the hospital. Getting up, Mason went straight back to his car.