23

The car trip back home had been in an eerie silence that made both Mason and Sarina uncomfortable. Sarina was still on the fact of type of girls that Mason was into.

He liked nasty. So dirty and filthy. Girls that liked dirty and rough sex. The thought nearly had Sarina hyperventilate.

"I have paperwork I need you to sign for your documents to be released from Costa Rica. Until we get your real identity properly processed, we can't leave the country." Mason bought the topic up gingerly.

Sarina nodded.

"Once that is sorted out, we will need to get you applied for ID and a passport as well."

"Uh huh."

"Sarina, what's up?"

Sarina snapped her head to Mason. They were pulling in to their drive way. "Nothing. Just lost in thought." She lied. As soon as the car stopped, Sarina jumped out and went straight inside.

It was 2pm and May was on break with another maid.

"Ma'am." May got up as soon as she saw Sarina.

"Sit. Finish your break. Where is the teabags?" Sarina asked as she searched the cupboards.

"Carrie," May started. "Has gone to town to get some items."

Yes, the other housekeeper. Sarina rarely sees Carrie around the place.

Sarina shrugged. "Okay. Let me know when dinner is ready." She walked up the stairs and straight to her room.

Then an idea had hit her. She knew she was smart and she was a fast learner. She seeked out through her books, trying to find one that was useful to her. It was an old text book but she gently moved her porcelain doll and sat, opening a business book. It was her least favourite subject in school, but she needed to reread it.

She needed to know what actually happens behind closed doors in a business. She will own fifty percent once Mr Hunter passes, she wanted to be prepared, unlike she was when Malcolm passed.

Sarina was stuck on a question and it made no sense to her. After flipping through the book several times, she gave up on the text book and went down to Mason.

"There you are." He smiled as she walked in.

"Where you looking for me?"

"No. But dinner will be ready soon."

Sarina nodded as she flopped on to the couch.

"What's up?"

"I'm bored, but I'm trying to distract myself from everything that's happened this week and it's not working."

"I know what will." Mason smirked at Sarina.

"No." She laughed. "Finish your work." Sarina got up and headed to the kitchen.

"Ma'am." May greeted her. "Fish tonight. Would you like a glass of Riesling?"

"A glass of what, sorry?"

"Wine."

Sarina shook her head. "No. I've never drunk wine."

"Try a little. It goes well with fish." May poured a small bit into a wine glass. Sarina placed the rim to her lips. The smell wasn't the best aroma in the world, but she had smelt much worse. Tipping the glass up and swallowing the small mouthful, Sarina flinched as it went down her throat and left the after taste behind.

After a couple minutes on deciding if she liked it or not, Sarina agreed to have a glass. It wasn't bad, it wasn't good either but it was also her nagging inner voice saying take it, it's another step away from Malcolm.