T H R E E

Sneaking back into the house was fairly easy.  No one was up and all I had to do was just walk in the front door.  Pretty simple.

After I was inside I took off my running clothes and got in the shower.  My legs felt like they were being weighed down by rocks and simple movement winded me.  "Never again..." I thought to myself as I began to turn the water a little hotter.  "You're beautiful! You're beautiful it's true..." I sang while I shampooed my hair, ah James Blunt, you musical genius.  

The bathroom slowly filled with steam as I continued my solo performance and turned the water even hotter.  I don't know why but I always preferred to feel as though I was being rained on by hmm I don't know let's say... maybe the fires of hell? Yeah we'll go with that.  

After my fingers had turned to prunes and shower ran nothing but cold water I turned it off and stepped out, and in the process of doing this I nearly slipped and broke my neck.  Damn shower curtain let the water out... forgot to make sure that the curtain was in the tub.

I held onto the sink and grabbed a couple of towels from the towel rack.  Wrapping myself in one I threw two on the floor to soak up the water.

I calmly walked back into my room and looked for something to wear.  After tearing through my dressers and creating a huge mess I finally found something that wasn't too "dark".  My favorite red skinny jeans and a Pierce The Veil shirt.  Not many people know about this band so hopefully he won't think I'm weird, come on its only slightly punk.  

Putting on my black converse I went downstairs, mom was already standing at her usual spot by the stove making breakfast.  "What time is it?" I thought to myself.  I looked over at the clock.  5:45, wow I must taken a really long shower.

"Morning Isolde." She said and gave me one of her I know what you did looks.

"Hi mom.." I say back, and continue with "I hope you don't mind but I couldn't sleep last night and I was dying in my room, so I went out for a quick run, I only went as far as the library." The library was about 6 blocks away from my house so hopefully she wouldn't mind and would believe it.  

She smiled at me, "No it's ok, as long as you didn't track any mud into the house, but please at least leave a note next time."

Walking towards my seat I sat down.  Our kitchen was a nice decent size, we had a nice big refrigerator, a pretty decent stove, and island counter, and a nice deal of walking space.  The walls were a nice deep red and the counter tops and cupboards a nice solid black.  The think that I think I like most about the cupboards is that they were see through glass, yes there was a black wooden frame but you could see into them so even the people who didn't live with us could easily find plates and cups.  The floor was a nice polished hardwood, my mom had a tendency to wax it whenever she was lonely and home alone, so normally if you were wearing socks you had to be super careful not to slip and fall.

Jase came rushing into the kitchen at the last minute possible.  His hair stood up in odd places and he had bags under his eyes.  Mom pointed at his spot at the table and told him to sit, which he did.  

After our usual pancakes were handed out and orange juice was passed around.  We all started to eat and talk a bit.

"So Isolde, Jase, how was school yesterday? Any new friends? Anything exciting happen?" 

"No, nothing new for me." replies Jase as he stuffs a whole pancake in his mouth.

"Well, I was bitched at by some girl who thought I couldn't possibly be smart enough to be taking an A.P. class...."

"Isolde, language." My mom said sternly.

"Sorry mom." I murmured quietly as I cut my pancakes into nice little bite sized pieces.