T W E L V E

Lix

        I ran to the spot where she last was, just right inside the graveyard.  They have her... Dammit.  I turned and punched one of the stone pillars that was supporting the wraught iron gates and it crumbled as my fist connected with it.  

        Turning around I knew what I had to do.  But someone had somehow snuck up behind me and was now blocking my path.  Jase, my loves older brother.  I looked at him closer and noticed that he was carrying two sets of throwing knives, a pure silver dagger, and quite a few other smaller weapons.

        "So vampire boy where the fuck is my little sister." Jase spat at me.  Drawing the dragger from it's sheath.  This was going to hurt.

        "Jase I know this looks bad but-" I couldn't finish because next thing I knew I was on the ground and Jase was pulling his dagger out of my stomach.  Pain shot through me, agonizing, burning pain.  I could feel the stab wound as if it was the only thing that existed, feeling nothing else except its burn.

        He started beating me but I didn't fight back, until he stabbed me again, this time close to my heart. I pushed him off and threw him across the lot.  Jase crashed against a tall angel tombstone which cracked and then fell on top of him when he hit the ground.

        I ran over, slightly hating myself slightly for  hurting Isolde's older brother.  Though I quickly got over that hate when three of his throwing knives lodged themselves into my  arm.   Ripping them out, blood started to pour out of the wound.  

        Jase was up again, now out from underneath the statue he stood behind me silver blade now on my throat he forced me down to the ground.  I was being over powered by a human... 

        "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you right now you sick bastard." He whispered meanacingly into my ear.

        "I'll give you four," I said calmly.  "First, because I didn't kill your sister, second because she's not dead, I know where they are keeping her.  Third,  they have your mom too.  Fourth..." I paused for a second, this was a risky one, one that might get me killed... I started again "Fourth, I know where your dad is."

        "My dad is dead you liar!" Jase screamed.  The blade was pressed harder against my throat.

        "No he's not Jase... We both know you know he's a half vampire now." I whispered back.

        "H...how do you know that?" The knife gently eased away from my throat so that it was just less than a centimeter away from it.

        "Because... I'm the one who turned him, and if you want to see any of them again, killing me won't do you any good.  I know about your alliegence with the 'monster' hunting agency and I know you don't want to cross them... but if you kill me, they will kill your family."

        He dropped the knife and helped me back up to my feet.  "How did you know about my alleigence with the agency?" He asked stunned, because well most of the creatures from the other realm didn't know about it. 

        I grinned. "Lucky guess."  Isolde had told me about his constant disappearing act, and from the looks of his weapons they seemed to be fairly expensive, definitely not something a 17 year old would be able to afford.  And with his fighting skills, there was no way he hadn't been trained, there was no way in hell he could learn to fight like that on his own.  So I guess techincally I had taken more of an educated guess.

        "Fine I'll give you that one." He took a step back from me, before quietly saying "Okay, what do we do?"