하나 1

The era is the most recent one, so this is set in the current time aka go era. Also I might switch between 1st and 3rd person a lot cause I tend to do that on accident, sorry in advance if it gets confusing

^,^,^

Jaemin grabbed his backpack and phone as he got ready to leave for school, it was a Thursday meaning he was going to give jeno another letter tomorrow.

It has been 2 weeks since his whole anonymous confessions to jeno had started, to say he was disappointed in the outcome wasn't a surprise. He knew all too well that jeno would be too dumb to know the letters are from him and not some pretty girl in their school.

Although jaemin isn't exactly friends with Jeno he's heard all about how the said boy thinks these letters are from a cute girl named Mina. Everyone at SM high knew that jeno was bisexual, this earned a lot of attention for him and he ended up dating a various number of boys and girls throughout high school.

Jaemin was jealous to say the least but he knew there was nothing he could do about it, jeno was only an acquaintance and fellow dancer but that was it. Jaemin was far too shy to even start a conversation with the handsome boy.

As jaemin reached the gates of the school building a familiar face made its way into jaemin's sight. "Nana Hyung wait up please!" Jisung yelled as he ran his way towards jaemin. "Why are you running? We're going to the same place Jisung" jaemin laughed as he looked at the sweating boy. "Well I didn't wanna walk alone and chenle is going to school with renjun hyung today and I saw you so yeah" Jisung rambled on as he caught his breath.

The two boys made their way inside the school and down the halls to their practice room for their morning training. It was currently 7:30am and school didn't officially start until 9am. They were the first ones there and decided to stretch and set everything up while they waited for the rest of their group.

"Ah Jisung you're here early aren't ya?" Jeno said as he walked through the practice room doors ignoring jaemin's presence. "Yeah I got here at the same time as jaemin hyung, we already set everything up and stretched" Jisung explained as he glanced in jaemin's direction.

Jisung knew about jaemin's crush on jeno and he knew that he was the one behind the letters jeno always talked about. Jisung tried his best to get jeno to even acknowledge jaemin's presence but it was literally impossible. No one knows why jeno ignores jaemin, he's friends with all of jaemin's friends so why wouldn't they be friends as well? But that wasn't the case, Jeno only talked to jaemin if it was absolutely necessary.

Eventually everyone had made their way into the practice room besides Mark since he was no longer in high school. They practiced their newest dance called "go" until around 8:45 so they would have enough time to either change or shower. Jaemin decided to shower along with haechan and jeno while the rest just changed their clothes.

"Jaemin-ah what do you think about today's practice? do you think we improved at all?" Haechan asked as they walked into the boys locker room to shower. "yeah, I definitely think we've improved a lot since the beginning and I'm really proud" jaemin said as he smiled and grabbed his change of clothes and towel before making his way to the shower.

"Haechan can you help me figure out who's giving me those letters tomorrow? I really wanna know who she is" jeno asked Haechan after they both were done showering, jaemin could hear their conversation and felt a pang in his heart at the mention of his letters and the pronoun she being used instead of he.

Jaemin shook it off and continued to shower while listening into their conversation. "How do you know it's a she, it could be a boy for all we know" Haechan asked curiously. "Well I'm sure it's a girl because the handwriting is so pretty and neat, most boys have messy handwriting therefore I think it's a girl." Jeno explained and jaemin felt his heart pang once again.

Jaemin finished his shower and quickly changed into his clothes, he made his way towards the two boys and noticed they were still arguing over the topic of which gender was writing the letters. "Jeno boys can have pretty handwriting too you know, renjun has very pretty handwriting. It could be him for all you know" Haechan said and smirked but jeno just shook his head. "Renjun is like the only one and I know he isn't the one writing these because he likes chenle and we already dated sophomore year remember? These letters are from someone I'm not close with" jeno said and smirked at the younger.

"Jaemin has pretty handwriting too jeno, so therefore it could be a boy" Haechan said as he noticed jaemin standing near him. At the mention of his name jaemin tensed and looked back and forth between the two boys. "Jaemin and Renjun have pretty handwriting, but we know it's not renjun and I know it can't be jaemin" jeno huffed and jaemin felt his heart break just a little bit. "You don't know that, just consider it being a boy maybe? That way it could be easier to figure out" jaemin suggested quietly. Haechan looked at him suspiciously but shrugged it off and agreed with him. "Fine, it could be a boy but I hope it's not. Mina's pretty cute, I hope it's her" jeno said and smiled dreamily. Jaemin's heart broke again.

^,^,^

Friday,
7am

Jaemin put his finishing touches on the letter he was going to give Jeno today. It was different than the usual compliments and confessions, this time they were lyrics along with how jaemin was feeling about jeno.

Dear jeno,
This is a little different than usual but I want you to know how I feel more so I'm expressing that through music, have a great day!

"I'm color-coding my moods
You're yellow, I'm natural blue
Let's get together and be green like my insides
At least I'll match your eyes
Jealous and hypnotized
Let's match our faces and be equally in love

Hey, tell me what you want me to say
You know I'm stupid for you
Hey, can you come and come out and play?
You know I'm stupid for you"

-N , there's a hint for you ;)

As jaemin finished his letter he decided to give jeno a little hint, of course it wasn't big but it was something right?

Jaemin folded the paper nicely and stuck it into a pretty pink envelope and sealed it shut, he stuffed it in his hoodie pocket and made his way to school.

Once jaemin arrived it was around 7:15am, giving him a little extra time to slip the envelope in jeno's locker. Most of the time everyone arrived to the practice room at 7:30 or 7:35am but jaemin was always the earliest on Friday's.

After successfully getting the envelope in jeno's locker he made his way to the practice room, anxiety bubbling in his chest waiting for everyone to arrive.

——————————————————————————-

And that's the first chapter done! Tysm for reading and I hope you're enjoying it so far :)

- j