Chapter Twelve

Blade dropped me home on the back of his motorcycle. From outside, the house didn't seem deserted and I didn't expect it to be. The tele in the living room was on. Instead of being watched, it was watching Adam and Phoebe locking lips on the couch. From the looks of it they were trying to suck the soul from each others faces and they were damn near to achieving it. I frowned at them and began to climb the staircase. Phoebe had heard me enter the house and pulled away from Adam, glancing over her shoulder.

"Is this what your walk of shame looks like?" She mocks loudly, "that's so dirty of you."

I stopped walking and glanced down at Blade's new shirt that I was wearing. The way Phoebe had spoken you would have thought that I was walking around in lingerie or walking around fully nude.

"I'm walking but I'm not ashamed," I respond with a smirk as I stared down at her from the staircase.

Phoebe chuckled, "You do wear promiscuity pretty well," she chuckles.

"There's nothing promiscuous about wearing my boyfriend's tee shirt, " I say scrunching up my face and rolling my eyes at her.

Phoebe ignored me and began singing an old song about being promiscuous. Adam chuckled.

"Oh stop teasing her."

I pouted my lips and began ascending the staircase. Oh how I am going to get Pheobe back for this. She just added herself to my list right below Perri.

I heard a chuckle from Phoebe then Adam commented something that I wish I didnt hear. They went back to swallowing each others faces and I sped up the pace to my bedroom. It was exactly how I left it. Tossing out the dirty clothes out of my satchel, I dropped the bag to the ground feeling too lazy to clean up the mess. I glanced myself in the mirror, my skin looked thin on my bones and my hair looked pretty terrible. I had half a mind to get rid of what was originally supposed to be a bob and trade it for a pixie cut.

The loud music coming from Emmett's room distracted me from my hair for a minute. I walked over to the window and threw it open to investigate what was happening. I hadn't expected to see him but there he was perched on his windowsill. He looked up at the sound of the banging and our for a split second our eyes were locked on each other.

"Oh hey....Emmett," I call awkwardly making an effort to not seem as if I was staring at his bare chest.

Why was he half naked? Who sits at their window like that?

"Haven't seen you in a while Secret," he responds setting his cellphone down, "how are you? What have you been up to?"

I quickly gathered my thoughts and grinned awkwardly.

"Oh you know, just taking in oxygen with every day that passes," I reply with a smile, "but I've been around... work mostly..."

He gave a smile of his own, "busy?" He questions and I ran my hand through my hair.

"No," I mutter, resting onto the windowsill.

My eyes glanced pass him into his bedroom. It hadn't changed a bit from what I remembered. Then I realized we hadn't had a conversation in months, not since his party where I pretty much told him I was no longer interested in him and that I had developed feelings for Blade.

"How's Blade?" He questions and my eyes shot to him at the mention of Blade's name.

"Ah... He's fine, I thought you two were friends," I say awkwardly.

He gave a shrug, "I haven't seen him in a while that's all."

"Oh," was all I could muster up.

I wonder why. Not like I expected them to sever ties after the party or anything. I made a mental note to ask Blade about it.