Chapter Twenty

When I'd said I wanted to go home, I meant my home but Blade had other plans. The last thing I wanted tonight was to get into a fight, but there we were pulling and scratching at each others faces like wild cats. My only regret, was underestimating her. That was the last time I would let that happen. No more Mrs nice guy. I was going to make her suffer.

I opened my eyes as the car pulled into his driveway. Blade killed the engine then let out an audible sigh.  After a minute he leaned over and began to undo my seatbelts and his.

I sat there immobile, trying my hardest not to wince or display any signs of being hurt as his hand brushed against me.

Blade looked up at me and our eyes met. I only held his green eyed stare for a short period before he looked away seemingly disappointed.

That surprisingly made me feel even worse. Not because of Perri of course. I wish they had intervened and stopped us before I did more damage, but I was too enraged to care then.

How long will it take Blade to find out about the root of Perri and I's bad blood?  Not long I suppose.

Yet, now it was no longer only about Blade.

Truly, I'd hate to have to admit to him that Perri and I were at odds because of him a week ago but now I genuinely despised her.

Blade and I were happy, genuinely happy before she moved here and sometimes I feel as if her presence in town has caused a disconnect.

Maybe I was overreacting or overthinking but something had changed and it was all Perri's fault.

Blade is my first serious boyfriend, heck he's my first and only boyfriend.

Everything had been going good between us for months until she showed up and began sticking her nose into other peoples business.

Being the colossal bitch she is, how could she not?

My brain was buzzing away and Blade had gotten out of the car.

I opened my door and got out before he could come around to my side and help.

As badly as my elbows and knees felt from being shoved down a staircase by that jackass, I didn't want to show signs of weakness.

Not now. Not in front of Blade.

My feet felt queer and I felt dazed as I began to walk away.

"Hey hold up, "  Blade called but I didn't.

I had no idea what I was doing, I was just being controlled by my emotions.

I headed down the driveway and walked away from the car and the house.

"I said hold up, " he called again walking swiftly to catch up with me.

He did.

He grabbed me by the hand and I tasted blood from biting down on the inside of my lips too hard. One fist was tightly rolled into a ball as my body was ripped with shooting pain.

I winced unintentionally.

"Oh I'm sorry, " he said releasing his hold on my hand.

"Where are you off to?" he asks stuffing his hand into his pockets.

"Just going for a walk."

"Now? C'mon you're not in the mental or physical state for that, don't you see."

"I'll be fine, I just need to clear my head," I say staring at Blade.

He looked lovely with the full moon shining brightly behind him. Like a handsome prince but I didn't want to think of that now. Not when I was this upset.