Chapter Nineteen

Slowly I walked down the staircase. Perri and I held each others gaze as she climbed. Phoebe had moved from next to me and made her way to the foot of the staircase in quick strides only saying hey to Perri as she passed. She stopped where Ossey was and he looked up and saw me. Phoebe said something and he replied to her and she chuckled. Not breaking eye contact with Perri, we met each other near to the top of the staircase. I could see her lip twitching away as she pressed her lips into a tight line.

"Didn't expect to see you here," she says not hiding the coldness in her tone.

"I had better places to be, but Blade dragged me here."

"Then why are you here," She asks sternly," I don't remember inviting you."

I smirked as well.

"Yet here I am," I respond.

"Yet here you are," She scoffs, "I thought you'd learnt your lesson by now, but you seem to not realize you're existence is not needed."

I glared at her.

"I could say the same for you."

Perri's lips twitched again.

"What do you want?" I ask, "you're jealousy and obsession is concerning."

She gave a cold disgusted laugh, to show what she thought of that.

"I want you gone and everything back to the way it was before you showed up and ruined everything-" she responds and I interjected.

"Too bad we can't all have what we want, and as far as I'm concerned you're the stranger here," I snap, "you knew the boys some centuries ago and all of a sudden you think they're yours."

She glared at me again.

"I'd never be jealous of you Secret," she spat, "and the only thing I'm obsessed with is the thought of you leaving."

I scoffed loudly.

"Only one of us will leave, this town Perri and it's you."

Perri's lip twitched and she scrunched up her face in anger. I was done with the facades and I was done playing cat and mouse with her.

"We'll see about that," she threatens.

"We will, and guess what Perri," I growl, "no one missed you, and when you leave again no one's gonna shed a tear. You're time in this town is winding down, and it'd be better for us both if you just leave now."

With a flash of my hair I turned to walk away. Forceful hands shoved me in the back and the ground was coming up to meet me.

I fell face first rolling down three steps before I flung my hand out and grabbed at the railing to stop myself from finishing the descent.

The tumble had resulted in me slamming my elbows into the hard staircase and pain shot up through my leg. I'd seen the after life in those split seconds.

I bit down on my lip to keep from crying out.

I couldn't tell if I was bleeding in any places but I knew even if I wasn't I would soon discover a body full of bruises.

Blinded by anger I shot to my feet, dashed up the stairs and grabbed her.

It turned to a tussle of the two of us getting physical, drowned out by the music.

She pulled at my hair and I grabbed at her face and before I knew what was happening someone was holding me by the waist and pulling me away.

I hadn't even heard them coming towards us.