3.0

I want to write a book about love.

No, not your typical teenage romance. Not the ones where a girl and a guy meet in some by-chance way. Not the ones where they both immediately fall in love. Not the ones where they fall into their own cliches. Not the ones where they both seem to be juniors/seniors with a job, car, good grades, etc. Not the ones where the sex is always so good and has never been awkward. Not the ones where they always graduate together. Not the ones where they always make it.

I want to write a realistic love story. Don't get me wrong. I, of course, have faith in love, no matter what the age. I'm not belittling high school relationships. It's just that those high school relationships don't typically turn out like the books. Yes, I am in a high school relationship; as a matter of fact, I do believe he and I will make it until our last breath and will continue to until our spirits wash away. Call me a cynic or a total romantic, as you may. I don't care.

Realistic love isn't like the books. But, I want this book to be an exception. I want to write about a love where both parties get hurt. I want this book to have a complicated love. I want this book to have the good, bad, and very ugly. I want this book to have late night phone calls and prom.

I've noticed a lot of these books forget about Homecoming Week/Homecoming itself and prom. Which is pretty crazy because that's one of the main things in high school. And football season. That is very important for American high schools. Although, I know this one girl whos school barely has a football team. Then again, she lives in a village. But I digress.

I want to write of a love where there's a lot of crying. Also where there isn't very much crying, either, at the same time. I'm just so bored of seeing and reading these unrealistic books. It's getting old. These unrealistic books are repetitive, and I want to do something about it. I like the realistic books.

Not just the, "oh, hey, this is how things actually go in the real world, kids." No, I like those fanfics that aren't OOC. Or, Out Of Character. ((Speaking of, my absolute favorite is Quiet by  @DiscerningCurtis wink wink nudge nudge everyone))

No, but I'm just up to here (which is, if you could see me, above my head lol) with this too fast, too fake bullshit "love" that goes through shit that would break even the strongest of couples with the realest of love and, yet, still manage to end up happily married, or whatever. Yeah, I get it. Everyone wants a happy ending because we like happy. I do, too. I like happy. I want happy, but I also really want real. Like those poetry books all the edgy white girls love. They're real. And happy. Even though things didn't go quite to plan in them, they're happy, in the end. I want to write a book like that.

Not a poetry book because I'm not the best with poetry, and I'm not planning on killing myself that way just yet.

p.s. kane read quiet al-fucking-ready. I want to fangirl to you and have you understand my references at the same time damnit