1: Best Friends

EDITED

Warning: I'm American (for the record, I hate Trump) and I don't know much about British schooling, so I'm winging it. Pls don't scold me!
And to the Americans, the two are in 1st grade.

It was the first day of Year 2 for two very extraordinary young children. They did not know that today was the day they would become inseparable friends, that this day would change their lives forever.

Anna Leah Black walked up to the school with her older cousin, Violet. Anna was extremely nervous, as this was her first day at this specific school in a whole new country.

She would have been back in America at her old school if it weren't for the many unfortunate incidents that she had caused without even meaning to. After somehow managing to get kicked out of two schools by age five, her uncle suggested moving to Britain. Of course, the girls were very confused and had no idea of the truth behind this move. Her uncle - the brother of her deceased mother - knew without a doubt that Anna would get into Hogwarts, a very special school for very special magical folk just like her.

"Have a good first day, Anna. Oh, and please try not to get into too much trouble!" said Violet with a giggle, ruffling the girl's blonde locks before running to catch up with her Year 4 friends that somehow was able to make before term had even started. Anna on the other hand...well, even though she was quite charming and funny, her clumsiness and her -somewhat magical - ability to ruin everything in sight overshadowed that. She never had any friends besides Violet, but that was merely because they were cousins.

Anna took a deep breath before looking at the children in her grade. She could tell just by a glance that the vast majority of them seemed dumb and happy-go-lucky. This irritated her, considering the fact that she was quite smart at such a young age. But alas, she would have to deal with it, as she was adamant on making new friends.

Unfortunately, that didn't work out so well...all because of the stupid boy, also known as pig named Dudley Dursley.

Curiosity sparked within her when she heard some yelling from the group. As if the fighting were a magnet, kids flocked around the two people in the argument. Anna pushed her was through the crowd without hesitation - she always felt the need to step into any situation - and saw two boys.

One was huge. Huge like a pig who had a basketball inflator stuck in him and was pumped to the max. He had small, watery blue eyes, sandy slicked-back hair, and he very much so resembled a walrus. Actually, the description of a walrus would be too good for him.

OMFG I'M CRYING! OK, SO I WAS LOOKING UP PICS OF WALRUSES TO THINK OF A JOKE AND IT WAS 3 IN THE MORNING AND I FOUND THIS AHAHA WTF AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE?

Alright, sorry, let's get back to the story.

The other boy was a lot smaller and was donned oversized, ruddy clothes, which Anna had an odd feeling that they were hand-me-downs of the bigger boy's playclothes. He had messy jet-black hair, pale skin, and brilliant emerald-green eyes behind a pair of round wire-rimmed glasses that were held together by many layers of scotch tape. He looked as if he was fed the bare minimum and not really loved, yet seemed to be quietly kind.