Chapter 23

Harry's POV

I looked over at the window and saw Malfoy watching us. When he made eye contact with me, he ran, his cloak flying behind him. Great, Hagrid's going to get probably get caught and arrested all because of that prick.

"Great, now he's going to tell Dumbledore," Ron groaned.

"Oh no he won't!" Anna growled her eyes crimson red. She went out the door and darted into the forest where Malfoy was heading. I realized that was the forbidden forest. People got killed in there.

"ANNA!" I yelled. I tried to run after her but Hermione held me back.

"You can't go in there, you'll be killed!" Hermione exclaimed.

"If we went in there she would try and find us," I said. That's exactly something Anna would do, she would always put others before herself. Hermione looked down in guilt.

"If you two want to be cowards and wait out here and wait for Anna to get killed, fine, but I'm going in," I said. I got out of her grasp and ran into the forest.

Anna's POV

I was running after Draco, and he was really fast. But I was faster. I willed myself to run as fast as my long legs could take me and I almost caught him. Then, I couldn't breathe, it felt like I was being strangled. I clutched my neck and fell to the ground. I couldn't breathe, talk, or scream. But, Draco must have known something was wrong because he spun around and came over to me.

"Anna!" He said worried, trying to figure out what was wrong. I saw an image that was scary but familiar. A blinding green light, my mother falling, the words 'avavda kedavera', and a freaky looking man that I knew was Voldemort. But something was different this time, it was the excruciating pain at the base of my neck. I realized it was my scar, and this was a warning pain. But I thought Voldemort was dead. I could feel my life start fading away from lack of oxygen, but then the pain stopped and I could breathe.

"What.. What happened?" Draco stuttered, his face even paler than usual.

"I don't know," I lied. How could I tell him that Voldemort was near? I then realized just how deep in the forest we were. Why out of all places did Draco choose to come in here?

"Why did you run in here out of all places?" I asked.

"Well, I thought none of you would come here, I knew I couldn't take on all of you," he said.

"Wait, you thought we were going to fight you?"

"Yeah,"

"No, we wouldn't do that. We would probably just try and blackmail you. If that didn't work we would beg you," I explained. Then, I heard some twigs crunch.

"What was that?" Draco asked quietly.

"We need to get out," I said trying to stay calm.

"I.. I think we came in this way," he said, leading the way. We just tried to find the way out and talked. I looked at the heart promise ring on my hand. I thought of Harry, we really needed to get out. Then, I could feel something was wrong. I could hear it, something was crying out in pain.

"Do you hear that?" I asked.

"Hear what?"

"It... Nevermind, let's go this way," I said, trying to find the source of the noise. Then, it stopped. I realized it was animal. Then, I saw why. There was a unicorn and it was dead. It was laying in a large pool of silvery blood. Why would someone kill something this perfect. I could feel the tears come to my eyes. Then, a hooded figure went up to it and started drinking its blood, it was repulsive. I almost screamed, but Draco clamped his hand over my mouth before I could. The unicorn was just so beautiful and perfect, it didn't deserve this. I could tell it had suffered because of the sounds of agony it was making earlier. Luckily, the figure had it's back facing us, so it couldn't see us. He grabbed my hand and pulled me back. My scar was hurting, but it wasn't the excruciating pain like earlier, I could still breathe. I knew this thing was Voldemort. Then, I did one of the worst things, I stepped on a twig, causing it to snap and make a loud noise. We couldn't do anything else so we screamed. I was praying someone could hear us and save us.

"Goodbye Draco!" I whispered as we hugged each other tight.

"Goodbye Anna!" He whispered back, hanging onto me for dear life.

Harry's POV

I heard screaming and I instantly knew it was Anna and Draco. I darted towards the direction I heard the screaming. I saw them clinging into each other for dear life as a dark hooded figure was standing with a wand pointed at them. My scar started prickling, I don't know why. The figure lunged at them.

"Stupefy!" I yelled with my wand pointed at the figure. It yelled and flew away. Anna's head snapped in my direction.

"Harry!" She said happily and flung her arms around me, engulfing me in a huge hug. I could see out of the corner of my eye that Draco was as jealous as could be.

"We need to get out," I said and led the way. When we finally got out, Hagrid, Hermione, and Ron had huge looks of relief on their face. I was still a bit ticked about them just staying out here, but I got over it. We went back to the castle. I noticed that Anna was kind of off.

"Are you okay Anna?" I asked concerned.

"What? Oh yeah, I'm fine," she said only half listening. I could tell she had her mind on something.

"I can tell that something's wrong," I said.

"I'm fine!" She snapped, I decided to drop the subject.

Anna's POV

I kept thinking about what happened in the woods. About my scar hurting and almost killing me. Then I thought about Voldemort. I was thinking about telling Harry, but I chose not to. I didn't want him to worry. What confused me was that Voldemort was dead. Maybe that person in the cloak wasn't Voldemort himself, just someone working for Voldemort. Or maybe it was him, but it could be his spirit. I honestly didn't know, I had a bunch of theories though. But I knew one thing for sure, we needed to get the stone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers! Guess what? I'm almost done with this book! Yay! Well, I'm also kind of sad. I just can't believe I'm almost done with the first book already. It hasn't even been a month since I've started it! And it already has so many reads, almost 2K! So, please comment, vote, and just keep reading!