Chapter 22

Anna's POV

"The sorcerers stone, only known maker is Nicholas Flammel. It is a substance with astonishing powers. It can turn any object opinion pure gold. It also produces the Elixer of Life, which can make its drinker immortal," I read. I had finally found it. I should have been overjoyed, but I just sat on the couch in the common room sadly. That mirror, it was so bittersweet. I had always wanted a real family, and they were right there through in glass and I couldn't get to them. It's been two days since we found it, but I haven't gone back, unlike Harry who has went back every night and stayed there for hours. I know that you're probably thinking why I wouldn't want to see my parents and sister. But, what's the point of spending your life chasing after dreams that are impossible to catch? I flipped through a few pages, then something caught my eye.

"There mirror of Erised, shows you your greatest desire. People have gone crazy by staring at it for long periods of time," it said. That was the mirror I found two days ago. Perfect description. It said more, but that was the first line, and it pretty much summed up the definition. I layed down on the couch and the image of my parents and sister wouldn't go away. I had the sudden urge to go back, but I didn't. It would be a big mistake. I sighed and walked up to my dorm, returning to the nightmares of my mom getting killed a green light, and a cold, evil laugh.

It was two weeks later and I was talking to Hermione as she unpacked. She had just got back from her home.

"You really found out who Nicholas Flammel was?" She asked.

"Yep, and I found out he created the sorcerers stone," I said and handed her the big black book I took from the restricted section. I was going to give it back, I just needed it for a bit longer. We talked a bit longer about it and went down to the common room.

"Hey guys!" Me and Hermione said.

"We need to go down to Hagrid's," Ron said.

"Why?" I asked.

"He asked us to go down there," Harry said.

"But we can't, it's dark. And if we get caught we will certainly get detentions and-"

"Calm down Hermione! We won't get caught," I said cutting her off before she could die from lack of oxygen.

"I don't want to take that risk," she said crossing her arms. Then, we explained to her how Harry had gotten the invisibility cloak for Christmas. We finally got her to agree and we walked to Hagrid's under the cloak. When we got down there, I knocked on the door and he ushered us in.

"Um what's that?" I asked looking at a pot of boiling water over the fire. It was shaking and shuttering.

"It's me dragon," Hagrid said. He got some oven mitts and got the egg out of the boiling water. He surprisingly didn't burn his hands. Maybe they were magic oven mitts? The egg was purpleish black and it had lots of cracks in it.

"Why do you have a dragon in your house?" Hermione asked. It was a good question.

"I got him from a guy in a pub. We were gambling and I won, so Norbert was the prize,"

"Norbert?" Harry asked.

"The dragon," he said.

"Wait, isn't it illegal to have a dragon?" Ron asked suspiciously.

"Well, it might be..." Hagrid trailed off.

"If you get caught, you could be arrested!" I exclaimed.

"But I won't get caught," he said.

"Why was there a guy carrying around a dragon egg anyway?" Harry asked.

"Well, he seemed pretty interested in magical creatures. He even asked about Fluffy. 'You just play a bit of music and he's out like a light!' I told him... Wait, I shouldn't have told you that... Forget what I just said," he said. Ron was about to ask something but I glared at him and he didn't say anything. We had enough information already. The egg started hatching. It shook and then burst open. Out stumbled a little dragon. It was magnificent. It was dark black and scaly, it had bright orange eyes the color of fire, and it had spikes running down it's back. It waddled over to me and nudged my hand.

"Aww," I said petting it. I had this special thing with animals. I could talk to them. No, I could literally talk to them, I could have a conversation if I wanted to. Animals just loved me.

"You think that thing is cute?" Ron asked.

"Yeah, I do. Why? Do you think he's ugly?" I growled in Norbert's defense. He stayed quiet.

"Oh no," Hermiome said. I looked where she was looking and saw two grey eyes staring at me through the window. The grey eyes that could only belong to the one and only Draco Malfoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello readers! Thanks for reading. Remember to vote, comment, and ask for a dedication. Also, I want to announce that I'm almost done with this book. I have around three or four chapters left. Then, I will start year two! Thanks for reading!