Chapter 24

Anna's POV

"We have two have two days until they steal the stone" Harry said.

"What? How do you know that?" I asked. It's been a few days since the dragon incident and we were trying to find out a way to get the stone.

"I heard Snape and Quirrel talking in the woods. I think that Snape was threatening him. They said they would take it on Tuesday," he explained.

"Wait, so we only have two days to think of a plan?!" Hermione asked.

"Yeah, I wish we had longer. We don't even know how we're going to get past Fluffy yet," Ron said.

"Well, we know we have to use music to get past Fluffy..." Hermione trailed off.

"I can sing," I said quietly. Barely anyone knows that I can sing.

"You can sing?" Harry asked.

"Sort of,"

"I don't believe you, sing something," Ron said.

"Do I have to?"

"Yes," I sighed and started.

"I have died everyday waiting for you

Darling don't be afraid I have loved you

For a thousand years

And I'll love you for a thousand more,"

I sang, trying my best. They just stared at me.

"I know I'm not that good, but I'm okay" I muttered.

"No, you're brilliant!" Ron said shocked. I smiled, flattered.

"We have how to get past Fluffy figured out, now we have to figure out the rest," I said.

******************

It was the big night, we would get the stone. I sat on the couch in the common room, waiting for the others, waiting. They finally came down. We got ready to go, but Neville came down from the boys dormitory and blocked the door.

"Neville-"

"I know what you're doing, you're sneaking out again. Well....I'm not letting you!" He said, trying to sound brave, but failed miserably.

"Neville, I'm sorry about this. Petrificus Totalus," Imsaid and pointed my wand at him. He froze and fell to the ground.

"Anna!" Hermione hissed.

"We need to go!" I hissed back. Ron and Harry nodded in agreement. We got under the cloak and went to the room where Fluffy and the trapdoor was. There was Fluffy, mad as ever growling at us.

"I'm bullet proof, nothing to lose

Fire away fire away

Ricochet take your aim

Fire away

You shoot me down, but I won't fall

I am titanium

You shoot me down, but I won't fall

I am titanium" I sang and and the dog fell asleep.

"Lets go," Harry whispered and we climbed down one by one. I going to go last in case the dog woke up so I could try to sing it back to sleep. But when I was going down, Fluffy woke up. He started growling and leaped at me. I wish I would have had the chance to sing before he leapt at me because he didn't miss, he really tore up my arm. He leaped again, but I dodged it, landing with a thud on some vines.

"Harry? Ron? Hermione?" I asked freaked out. The vines started wrapping around me.

"Just relax!" Hermione instructed and I did so. The plant let me go and I landed on my foot on the stone floor. I heard a crack and a searing pain went up my left leg. I fell over and clutched my ankle.

"What happened to your arm and ankle?" Ron asked. I looked down at my heavily bleeding arm.

"The dog tore up my arm and I think I just broke my ankle," I said trying to sound as calm as possible even though the pain was excruciating.

"You can't go on," Hermione said.

"Yes I can, I'll be fine," I said getting up and putting my weight on my right foot. I used Harry as a support and we walked until we found a room with a bunch if flying keys. We found out that there was only one key that could unlock the door. Harry went on a broomstick and finally got the key. We unlocked the door and went to the next room.

"Wizards chess," I figured out. Ron told is why we had to do.

The game was almost over, and I knew who had to make the next move. I realized that Ron had to give himself to the king, so Harry could call checkmate.

"I have to give myself to the king so we can win the game," Ron said.

"No! you can't, it's suicide!" Hermione exclaimed.

"I have to. I don't need to go on, only Harry and Anna do," he said. They started arguing. We had to move on, we couldn't afford to waste time.

"He's right," I said quietly.

"What?" Hermione asked in shock.

"He's right, there's no other way to win, and we can't afford to keep wasting time," I said. I know I sounded terrible, but he was right. Ron moved foward, I looked away as the king demolished Ron's chess piece.

"Checkmate," Harry said. The king dropped his sword and we won the game. We ran over to Ron, well I limped. He was out cold, but still breathing.

"Hermione, stay here with him," Harry said and she nodded.

"Good luck," she said and hugged us. I held Harry's hand and we walked through the doors. It was dim, but I saw a figure. I saw the torches that were barely lit. I willed the fire on the torches to get brighter and they did. I could see clearly, and what I saw surprised me. A man, he had his back facing us. he was tall and had a purple turban wrapped around his head. It was Professor Quirell.

"I've been waiting for you," he said.

~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers! I hoped you liked that chapter. Guess what? THIS STORY HAS OVER 2K READS! It also has over 100 votes! When I saw that, I started crying tears of joy. Im so happy that people have read and liked my story. My hard work hasn't gone to waste. Thanks so much for reading, I really appreciate it! Also, I'm going to start just picking random followers and dedicating chapters to them because nobody is asking for dedications. So, remember to vote, comment, and most important, keep reading!!! 😃