Chapter 2.

Of course I didn't go back to sleep. I couldn't... That's kind of how insomnia works. I was lucky to get the 2 hours of sleep I got. My insomnia gets even worse when I'm nervous, and today is the most nerve-racking day since...well since the day my dream happened. His big brown puppy dog eyes were still burned into my brain. My insomnia is from nightmares, most of which are things of real-life occurrences and memories.

I tried to push my dream and what could happen today out of my mind. I numbed my mind with the next hour and a half of Baby Daddy.

*

Half-way through season 5, my alarm went off to signal when I was originally supposed to get up. I peeled myself from the couch and grabbed my straightener and makeup, and headed toward the bathroom.

Twenty minutes later, I found myself primping and preening in front of the full length mirror. I couldn't help it. Three months later and 110 pounds lighter, I still felt like the fat girl who no one liked. I decided to not torture myself anymore, and walked out of the bathroom.

As soon as I grabbed an apple for breakfast, I heard the sound of my step-dad's truck leaving. My heart dropped as I sighed, taking my phone out of the pocket of my skinny jeans...That's right. I'm actually skinny enough to wear skinny jeans!

I unlocked my phone, going straight to Erin's contact.

"Hey, Moe." Erin's cheery voice answered, as a Lil' Dicky song played in the background.

"Hey, Larry." Long story. For a later time. "My step-dad left without me. I guess he forgot it was my first day back. Can you come pick me up?"

"Yeah, no problem. You know why?"

"Why?" I asked, warily. Erin's one of those people where you don't know what happens next and it scares you a little.

"Because....It's a damn good day to be a white dude!" She sang along, turning the music up. "Bye, love you!" She said, hanging up.

I stared at my phone for a solid minute wondering what the hell just happened.