Chapter 10.

I had been through every row in our entire auditorium. I was finally down to the final rows in the center of the room, right in front of the stage.

In the second row, I spotted a white cotton-like thing with blue patterns.

"Oh no." I said out loud, and saw Adam's head snap my way.

"Hmm?" His voice was starting to get closer.

"You have got to be kidding me."

"What's wrong?"

I finally forced myself to look at him, and he effortlessly jumped down from the 5 ft. stage.

I mentally rolled my eyes.

I am really getting tired of Mr. Perfect over here.

"It's a diaper!" I said, pointing underneath the seat.

"What? No way." He slightly chuckled.

Ok. Please execute yourself.

You're cancelled, Adam Raegan.

"Yes way... I think I know what a diaper looks like."

And suddenly, he was right next to me.

I decided to ignore the sudden drop in my stomach and the tingles where his arm bumped mine.

And then he actually leaned down and smelled it. Then a split second later, he shot up, coughing.

"Yep, and it's used."

I sighed, very annoyed by this point.

"Ok, well, I got the bag, you get the gloves." I pointed to the direction of the janitor's closet.

"Me?" He scoffed. He shook his head and grabbed the bag.

"Yes you." I said, grabbing the bag back. "I will pick up a lot of shit. But I draw the line at dirty diapers."

"But you're the girl. You're gonna have to deal with dirty diapers eventually. Why not start..."he trailed off, yanking the bag out of my hands,"...now?"

"That's cute. You think I like kids." I tried yanking the bag back, but he held on.

"You think I'm cute?" He asked, with a smirk.

My words failed me, and my mouth fell open, and I felt my face heat up.

"Just give me the bag!" I said, pulling on it.

"No!" He pulled back.

"It's gonna break!"

"No, it's not."

"Adam, I know what I'm talking about! I cleaned this auditorium like every week for 2 years!"

"And? It's not my fault you were in girls' choir because you suck!"

I was so shocked by his harsh words that I let the bag go, and it slung across the aisle.

We both just looked at each other, and I saw his eyes soften, and fill with regret. His puppy dog eyes closed and he sighed.

"Angel, I didn't-"

"We should probably get this cleaned up before Rich comes in, yeah?"

He slowly nodded along, and grabbed another bag.

"Yeah."