Chapter 6.

Thankfully, my first class was pretty chill. I had Pre-Calc with Makayla and Emily.

No sign of Adam.

No sign of his puppy dog eyes.

It was the first day, so the teacher just said some stuff about DE, and then let us go on the laptops we have to use for the college course. We just talked about summer and tried not to freak out over the fact that we were Seniors!

"So what do you have next?" Em asked, as she flipped a pancake on CoolMath.

"Choir." I said, smiling. I always liked Choir. I loved to sing, and I was always helping out Mr. Richard, my choir teacher. Last year, my best friend, Riley, had Choir and Band with me. She was a Senior, so I was always reminded she was going to leave. But I didn't care. It was the one class I looked forward to all day. I don't really know how it's gonna be now that's she's gone. But I know it'll be awesome.

"Oh with Adam?" Em smirked, and Makayla immediately closed her tablet, turning back to us.

"I heard 'drama'?" Makayla smiled.

"No. You did not. Look, alright, so I didn't really think of that-"

"How could you not? He's the president, and don't forget the fact that you're kinda in love with him."

"Whatever." I said, rolling my eyes. "I'll just not talk to him." I shrugged.

And by a cruel twist of fate, and a gross form of irony, a noise came from my phone.

I picked up my phone from our table, reading the group text from Rich.

CHOIR OFFICERS:
Meeting today in 2nd. I'm going to need you to all work together!

I sighed, resting my chin on my palm, until I heard laughs around me. I looked up and saw Emily and Makayla looking at my phone, trying to contain theirs laughter.