Chapter 5.

"Really?" Emily said, turning to me with a raised eyebrow.

"What?" I asked, feigning ignorance.

"We're still on that?"

"I...have no idea what you're talking about."

"Girl, you really need to get over him." Makayla jumped in, stealing a toast crust from Lea, to which Lea made a face.

"We talking about Adam?" Erin asked, walking up with Aidan, her boyfriend, and sitting down. 

"See? Even she knows!" Emily said, as I rolled my eyes. "She just walked up!"

"Who's Adam?" Aiden asked, looking hella confused.

"A-ha!" I said. "He doesn't know!"

"He doesn't count." Em said, shaking her head.

"What?" Aiden said, facing Emily.

"You're new. And a junior."

"Sorry." Aiden said sarcastically, shrugging, turning back to Erin.

"Angel, you need to get past this. He has a girlfriend, and you're hot now!" Makayla said.

"I know I do." I sighed. "And I know I am." I smiled, flipping my hair over my shoulder. "I'm working on it, okay?"

Ok, admittedly, not 100% true. I mean, of course I tried. Who would want to like someone when there's no chance they would ever like you back?

Exactly.

Over the past 10 years, I've gotten over Adam Raegan about 17 times. It never sticks. It's like he's a magnet. No matter how hard I try, I just keep coming back to him.

"I just need to get him out of my mind." I said, as the bell rang.

"Good luck with that, seeing as you have 4 classes with him." Erin said, getting up and grabbing Aiden's hand.

"How would you even know that?" I asked, getting up from the table with Emily and Makayla.

"I got ways. I got connections."

"You have access to all the student files."

"That I do." Erin shouted, walking away.