Part 4: Mission Report

~~Steve P.O.V~~

We drove down the street as children played.

"I know this neighborhood. I got beat up in that alley, and in that parking lot, and behind that diner" I say pointing to all the places I had been beaten up at.

"Did you have something against running away?" I hear Peggy ask from next to me.

"You start running they'll never let you stop. You stand up, you push back. They can't say no forever, right?"

"I know a little of what that's like, to have every door shut in your face," she says sneaking a small look at me.

"I guess I just don't know why you'd want to join the army if you were a beautiful dame. Or a... A woman. An agent, not a dame, you are beautiful but..." I try and think about something else to say on the last part.

"You have no idea how to talk to a woman do you?"

"I think this is the longest conversation I've had with one. Women aren't exactly lining up to dance with a guy they might step on" I say now looking down.

"You must have danced"

"Well, asking a woman to dance always seemed so terrifying and the past few years it just didn't seem to matter that much I figure I'd wait"

"For what"

"The right Partner"

I looked out the window next to me and see that we are pulling up to our destination. Brooklyn Antiques it said. We exited the vehicle and entered the shop, I looked around seeing lots of old antiques looking forward I saw an old woman exit some curtains.

"Wonderful weather this morning isn't it"

"Yes, but I always carry an umbrella"

The woman nodded and walked to the front desk pressing a button on the underside. Me and Peggy walked into a room with some books. I could feel a weird gust of wind but I brushed it off and watched as the huge double doors open revealing some kind of hall.

Me and Peggy proceeded to walk forward into the place entering another set of double doors, I could feel that gust of wind again, I turned around but looked back when I only saw the guards. I looked over the room seeing everyone stare at me. I look at Peggy only for her to take a deep breath in and let it go, I follow her down a set of stairs meeting the doctor at the bottom.

"Good morning," he says and we shake hands.

I then see a bright light flash from the side of me, I look over to see a man holding a camera.

"Please not now," the doctor says from in front of me.

I turn to my right and see a big capsule like thingy and look at it.

"Are you ready"

I nod my head and look back to the doctor.

"Good. Take off your shirt, your tie, and your hat"

I follow his order and hand my hat to a man standing behind me.