Part 6: A rescue mission

In the process of Steves 'promotion,' he underwent many and dozens of performances. He made movies went to their premiers and got embarrassed, but he enjoyed it. And somehow it brought him to this moment.

"How many of you are ready to help me sock old Adolf on the jaw?" He stood before hundreds of men prepared for war but none raised their hands to his question.

"Okay. Uh... I need a volunteer." His face fell from an award-winning smile to an unsure look.

"I already volunteered! How do you think i got here?" A random man yelled from the crowd causing the rest of the men to laugh.

"Bring back the girls!" Called another. The rest of the crowd agreed and broke into an uproar.

Steve began to look back at the curtains for the females but became flustered.

"I think they only know the one song but um. Let me- uh, I'll see what i can do." He said into the mic.

'You do that sweetheart!" Yelled another random.

"Nice boots Tinkerbell!" Called a man from a closer row.

"Come on guys we're all on the same team here." He was losing his confidence which was clear in his voice.

Soon a man stood up. "Hey captain sign this!" The man pulled down his pants to show his bare cheeks. The rest of the crowd began cheering, soon resulting in throwing fruits at the spangled man.

He looked out at the crowd as he blocked the fruits with his shield, before leaving off the stage. The women from before then ran out waving and smiling at the croud of men.

"Don't worry pal. They'll warm up to you. Don't worry." Brandts assistant said while giving the man a pat on the back.

~~time skip~~

Steve sat under the stage structure hunched over his sketch he had drawn of a monkey in a suit holding a shield that resembled the one he held earlier. It rode on a unicycle clearly trying to entertain somebody.

"Hello Steve" Peggy greeted as she removed her coat.

"Hi." He turned around to look at her surprised.

"Hi" she slightly smiled.

"What are you doing here?" He asked as she moved towards him.

"Officially I'm not here at all." She placed her coat down. "That was quite a performance."

"Yeah, uh... I had to improvise a little bit. The crowds I'm used to are usually more uh... Twelve." He said looking about the area.

"I understand you're 'Americas new hope'." She says striking conversation.

"Bond sales take a 10% bump in every state i visit" he says slightly looking back at her.

"Is that senator Brandt i hear." She asks looking at his back.

"At least he's got me doing this. Phillips would have had me stuck in a lab" he looked more towards her but not really making eye contact.