Scene Two: Preparing for War

Scene Two:

Preparing for War

The camera begins the scene while still on Utivee.

The camera is about six feet above the landing platform. A single tan colored ship lands lightly on the center pad. A pilot who landed it jumps to the ground, and without a backward glance walks away from the ship.

From the camera's right hand corner Sica appears, she is wearing thin light brown pants, with armor plates covering her legs from her knees to the tops of her boots. Her shirt is made of a black thin material with loose, wide flowing sleeves her sword is fashioned prominently at her side, across her shoulder is a bag of an unknown material.

The camera keeps pace with her as she walks towards the ship without slowing her stride.

The camera now changes to inside the palace to show a hallway where Attean is walking surrounded by aides, her brother and Abiah, whom she is arguing with.

Attean: How could you do this, sending her after Galla? She asks angrily, her tone beginning to become shrill as the group moves swiftly down a hallway.

Abiah: She chose freely Attean... He says patiently, as he tries to keep step with her angered stride.

Attean: You did not even bring this to my attention... She snaps back, breaking off his sentence.

Abiah: I am doing so now. He says in the same calm tone, stopping Attean from finishing her own sentence.

Secoondie: Do you realize the madness in this Montaga? Sending an inexperienced girl to penetrate the very home of the enemy! He asks shoving himself forward and almost between the two so as to be part of the argument.

Abiah: I do believe she can handle this; it is not like she has never trained... He begins again earnestly, his eyes now on Secoondie but his words for Attean.

Secoondie: And what if she messes up as she did when she was entrusted with the plans?

Now look, almost two months later and we still have not found any trace... At this Attean spins around and faces her brother with fire in her eyes. Causing the entourage behind them to stumble against one another to avoid bowling the three over. 

Attean: Don't you dare imply that my daughter cannot be trusted!

That situation was out of her hands, could you have done any better in a ship that had gone out of control? She asks with venom in her voice, enough so that he takes a step back momentarily stunned by his sister’s outburst.

Attean stares at him for another moment, the fire still blazing in her eyes, before continuing down the hallway.

Abiah: Attean, we need to think of this logically, we can't spare anyone else, at least not with the clearance we are looking for. He starts again, this time his tone reasoning.

Attean: I don't want to lose her. She says quietly, her whole tone coming off her anger and into her fear, looking up into Abiah's face.

Abiah: You won’t, she is good and strong. She can handle her own; she's not a little girl anymore. He replies soothingly, his tone gentle, but his words pointed, he then places his hand around her waist and guides her slowly down another hallway.