Scene Six: Separate Battles

Scene Six:

Separate Battles

The camera begins the scene on Utivee; there is the sound of explosions and gunfire.

The camera takes a high elevated shot looking straight down to the ground. Here we can see foot soldiers of the new imperial army mixing with the rebel forces.

The camera moves back to the canyon, the camouflaged guns are still firing away, and high above in the sky we can see rebel fighters trying to push back the imperial ships.

One of the imperial bombers manages to lose its tail, and swings around for a low pass at the canyon. It succeeds in hitting one of the guns sending debris flying and men diving for cover.

The camera now moves inside to the control room, now only Attean, Abiah, and a few lesser aids are standing in the room. The explosion of the ground cannon can be felt through the room, and the wall visibly shake for a moment.

They are all listening intently to the many voices coming in on various radio channels.

Rebel 1: Watch the back flank! Curve back around!

Rebel 2: Take the lead out, then head for the bombers.

Rebel 3: Copy that.

Rebel 4: We have another down! Get a medic down here!

Rebel 5: Teams six, and seven, we need back up over here!  Attean glances nervously at Abiah, but he is busy with a set of electronic charts and does not notice her until another voice comes through one of the channels.

Kurt: We need another battalion to flank from the south field. It looks like they're trying to hit the Sadiron Guns! Both Attean and Abiah jerk up at that statement.

Abiah: Something's not right here; K.R. should have been on that channel, not Kurt. He says as he comes over and gives a computer screen a quick scan.

Attean: Do you think something’s happened? She questions, her voice strained.

Abiah: I'm not sure of anything at the moment. He says grimly, as he walks over to a small cabinet and pulls out a set of armor, and a long blaster.

Attean: What are you doing? She asks, her face stunned as she watches his actions.  

Abiah: I'm going out there. As much as he has improved that boy is not half ready to lead a battalion by himself. He says with the same grim tone, as he pushes a power pack into the stock of the gun.

Attean remains still as though frozen before she comes over to him. She says nothing but puts a hand on his arm; he looks down at her and gently kisses her.

Abiah: Stay here. With that he shoulders the weapon and motions for one of the aids to follow him, leaving Attean to regain her composure and return to the control table.

The camera moves out to the battlefield, we can see several of the Classians flying through the air, with what look like portable canons attached to their back. We can also see rebel, and imperial speeders as well as rebels on Zata boards.

The camera singles out a particularly large group of rebels on the boards and comes in closer.

The air seems alive with laser shots of several different colors; the camera now singles on one single person.