Scene Eight: Turn Around

Scene Eight:

Turn Around

The camera opens on the dark sky of Utivee, the rain is still coming down but lighter than before.

We can hear the sounds of intense battle. The only sound we cannot hear is the sound of the rebel’s ground cannons.

From the corner of the lens we can see a small speck coming at a fast rate.

As it gets closer we can see that it is the fighter that K.R. took as an escape route from Ganton. It continues its steep dive until it nears the tree tops, here it levels out and slows slightly.

The camera now moves to the cockpit, here we see K.R. glancing out at the battle with hard eyes.

Galla is in the back, her eyes closed appearing to be asleep. The ships bounces slightly as though it hit the top of a tree. This causes Galla to wake up and peer over her father’s shoulder.

Captain Galla: This doesn’t look good. She remarks, her voice showing that she has regained some of her strength. K.R. does not respond but merely grunts.

He then steers the ship towards an area where the rebels seem to have a foothold. As he brings the ship in for a landing he turns his head to speak to Galla.

K.R.: Once I land this thing, you stay put. Got it? He asks, the gruff tones masking his worry.

Captain Galla: Alright. She says simply, K.R. then eases the ship into a landing and pushes up the cockpit. He jumps out pulling out his sword as he hits the ground.

K.R.: Stay there! He yells over his shoulder as he turns around the bend to join the fight.

As he runs out of sight we see Galla gingerly edge from her seat into the pilot’s chair. She pushes the button that causes the cockpit canopy to close, she also begins the startup sequence, but she does not take to the air.

The camera moves inside the cockpit, and takes on an angle from Galla’s point of view. She pushes a series of buttons and a small hologram of the battlefield appears.

The hologram is scratchy but it shows the positions of the rebel and imperial assets. 

The camera notes how Galla’s eyes scan the image before turning to a large handle.

The camera moves back to the outside and watches as the ship rises in the air, the camera also notes that it does not rise very high, only about twenty feet into the air.

Instead of turning towards where the rebels are fighting, the fighter turns towards where we can see the imperials have their base.

The camera moves back into the cockpit and watches Galla’s hand as she flips a small switch and then places a headset over her head. The sound of static comes suddenly. And a scratchy voice can just be heard.

 Galla pulls another switch, and the camera moves to the back of the ship, we see small metal plates move in front of the back exhaust vents. Immediately the exhaust becomes darker and more prominent.

Back in the cockpit the static clears slightly and we hear an indignant and stressed voice come through.

Imperial Officer 1: I say again, what is your problem? The voice asks in a tired tone, that is almost board.

The camera sees Galla push a small button on the side of the headset.

Captain Galla: I’ve been hit. I don’t think it’s bad but I need to do a visual. There is a pause before the voice returns, this time worried.