Part 6

The next day, Namjoon, Hoseok, and Yoongi walked with me to school, while the rest of BTS started to look for similar dolls in town. It turned out that Namjoon was right about his theory of change and about my grandparents. After we all ate dinner the sun was just beginning to set when all of them transformed right in front of my eyes; and my grandparents yelled for me a few minutes later. The guys and I had talked over dinner and decided to tell them what was all going on since they were consistently going to miss the day time, but as I kept explaining more and more of the story it seemed like they didn't believe me. So, I didn't bother after a time, and I just let them think what they wanted. As long as they were safe and I knew what was going on, I would be fine. Besides, I defiantly was going to find out how to permanently change them back into being humans again.

The sun was shining as we walked, so I covered my eyes with my hand; but because it was the fall, the cold breeze blew in the sky, chilling my skin to the bone. It was even colder than the day before, so I wore my winter coat. However, BTS weren't as lucky as me. I had tried to dig through my grandpa's closet to find his old coats, but came up short with only finding three. However, despite the cold air, the trees were still beautifully decorated with their red and orange leaves. My eyes scanned my surrounds taking in the scenery, since I knew it wouldn't last. The leaves would die and disappear for the winter in a few days and I would be stuck with a blinding white landscape, with no color in sight.

"It's so cold" Hoseok said, bringing me out of my thoughts. I looked at him and saw that he was shivering a little and hugging himself.

"why couldn't you take the car to school?" Namjoon asked curiously, looking down at me. We were right next to each other, while Hoseok and Yoongi trialed just behind us.

"I don't like driving." I said, stuffing my hands into my coat pockets as a sudden wind danced through the air blowing my hair back. I quickly pulled my hood up and sighed a bit. "I like the fall, and the colorful leaves that are on the trees before winter comes. Walking gives me time to look at them, but this wind....." I said sighing a little again. "It's kind of ruining my hair."

"you're hair looks fine." Yoongi grumbled, under his breath, which was clearly audible. I don't know if he was trying to be nice or mean, but I just rolled my eyes a little. He was probably just angry at the cold whether which made walking annoying.

"Ha, thanks" I said, but his words did make me feel a little better, though I knew I would still fix my hair in the bathroom when I arrived to school. We were all quiet for a minute before I thought of a question.

"Where are you guys going to look for jobs?" I asked curiously.

"Not sure, I guess anywhere that says they're hiring." Namjoon said shrugging.

"We once did a Run BTS episode where we made coffee, so maybe we can work at a coffee shop." Hoseok said smiling. "It was really fun learning."

"Well, when we stopped by my grandparents coffee shop your first day here I saw a hiring sign on their window." I said remembering. "Maybe you guys can ask for a job."

"Really? That would be so awesome if we could work there." Hoseok said, smiling again.

"True, and you could give me a discount on coffee." I joked, though I was somewhat serious about the discount.

When we arrived at school the guys waved goodbye to me and headed towards the downtown which I suspect was them going to ask about the opening positions at the coffee shop. I sighed and let out a visible breath into the air before heading up the small walkway into the main doors. The halls were bustling with kids running and talking as I walked, so I quickly headed to the bathroom to fix my hair and then towards my first hour class. As I entered I saw that both Minhun and Jihee were in their seats already.

"Hey Jihee." I said, giving her a little smile. It felt a little odd smiling for the first time since my mom's death, but in order to make friends I would need to smile, even if I wasn't really happy.

"Hey Sumi. How was your first day yesterday?" She asked, smiling back.

"Fine." I said shrugging "I wasn't late to any of my classes because of your brother so that was nice."

"Ya, it would be a little awkward walking in if you were." She said.

"Tell me about it." I said, smiling again.

"Hey, so anyway!" Jihee said suddenly, scaring me, and making me jump. "you should totally come shopping with me this Saturday. My mom's making me drag Minhun to buy a new computer since he spilled coffee on it a week ago but......It would help you get to know the town, and we'd get to hangout."

"Sure, I'd love to come." I said happily after my heart calmed down.

I guess making friends is a lot easier than I thought it would be I thought.

"Oh shoot, it almost time for class." Jihee said, quickly beginning to take out her stuff. "I'll talk to you at lunch."

"Okay." I said, walking to my seat and sitting down. I began to get my notebook and pen out when I head a soft tap of a pencil on my desk. I looked up and saw Minhun smiling at me.

"How was your first day?" He asked.

"You're sister just asked me that." I said smiling.

"Well, it is a common question to ask." Minhun said, explaining himself.

"True, and it was fine. I told your sister I was never late because of you, so I was happy" I said, placing my notebook down.

"Really?.... well, if you want I can walk you to your next class again." Minhun offered. "So, you know, you're not late." He said smiling a little. I looked at him for a minute thinking.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt." I said, shrugging after a second. Minhun opened his mouth to say something else, but then the teacher walked in then and both Minhun and I had to turn to the front.

After class both Minhun and I waited for each other to pack up our stuff and headed out the door. We had about five minutes in between classes to get to our next class, and my class was all the way at the other end of the school. The hallways were fairly wide, but with so many students Mihun and I were forced to walk closer together than usual.

"So, your sister invited me to go shopping with you guys this Saturday." I said, starting a conversation for a change, unlike yesterday.

"really?" He said a little surprised, his brown eyes looking at me.

"ya, she also said that you're getting a new computer since you spilled coffee on it a week ago." I said.

"haha yaaaaa, my mom's was not too happy about that" He said, rubbing the back of his neck embarrassed. "I don't even know how it happen either. I literally tripped on my own two feet, it was so embarrassing!"

"That sucks." I said, laughing a little.

"It wasn't funny." He said, but he laughed a little too, so I knew he was joking with me.

Minhun soon dropped me at my class and then headed to his own class, which I was guess was close by. The rest of the day went by the same as the last and I sat with Jihee at lunch. During lunch I ended up exchanging number with her. I tried to tell her that I never go on my phone, but she still insisted. She said it would make meeting up this weekend easier. Eventually I just gave in since I didn't want to go in to why I don't use my phone.

After school none of the guys came to pick me up, which was fine. I didn't mind walking by myself. This way I didn't have to talk to anyone and I could look at the trees. When I returned home I found that BTS was waiting for me.

"You guys are here" I said, a little surprised, looking at all of them casually sitting down in the living room.

"ya, we all were separated the whole day, so we decided to meet back here." Jungkook said, getting up from where he was sitting.

"oh." I said, then turning my head to where Namjoon , Hoseok and Yoongi were. "did you guys find jobs?" I asked them curiously.

"We picked up an application for the coffee shop this morning." Hoseok said smiling.

"Well, I hope you get the job." I said, encouraging them.

"Thanks." Hoseok, smiling again. He then began to dig through his pocket and take out a white piece of paper "I'm going to fill it out right now, so I can turn it in tomorrow." He said egarly, getting up.

"Wait, aren't we going to go back outside and look some more?" I asked them, now realizing that the rest of them weren't getting up and getting ready to go outside.

"It's too cold outside. We were all freezing to death out there before we came in." Jin said from his place on the couch. He must of found a blanket, because he had one wrapped around himself. I stood at the door looking at them, realizing that all their ears were red and their lips were a slight blue.

  "Why did you go outside then? You didn't have to go outside if it was too cold." I said, looking at how all of them were freezing.

"we have too if we want to figure out of how to change us back." Jimin said. "We'll buy some coats when we get money, so don't worry."

"But until then you'll all be freezing by the time you get home. You're going to get sick!" I said, getting a little worried.

"we'll be fine. Don't worry. We're just not going to go out in the evening."  Jimin said.

"But then when am I going to help you look?" I asked, getting a little upset since I wanted to help them as much as possible, and in the process save my grandparents.

"When it becomes just warm enough for all of us we can go out." Jin said trying to make me feel better. "We all want to get back to normal, but we don't want to freeze to death in the process." I stayed silent, but then slowly start to nod, knowing that they were right. I looked up at all of them and saw all of them nod in agreement, except for one.

"Well, then I'll go." Yoongi said casually, getting up. "there was three extra coats Sumi found this morning that we were wearing, so I'll just wear one of those. You guys can rest, and Namjoon and Hoseok can fill out their application". Yoongi started to walk to the door where all the coats were hung up, and picked the first one he saw.

"Don't you want to fill out yours?" I asked curiously, backing up a little to give him some space, since we were both by the door.

"I'll do it tomorrow." He said, pulling his arms in to the coat. "This is more important than getting a job."

"Okay, then I want to come with you" I said, beginning to zip up my coat again which I had unzipped when I walked in.

"You sure?" He asked me and I frowned again.

"I literally just volunteered to go and look five minutes ago." I said flatly. "I'm going"

"well then let's hurry up and leave, it's going to be dark soon." He said, grabbing the handle on the door and opening it for both of us.