Chapter 12

Iame POV

        'Another day another dollar,' I thought as I punched in at the time clock. Nothing here at The Store has been the same since Aviana's health became so poor. The atmosphere is completely different. Almost like we are all walking around just waiting for another call from the hospital. None of us can even bare to think about the worst case scenario. It's hard to see someone that was so full of positive energy lay in a bed looking almost lifeless. I shake the thoughts from my mind as I head over to my register to begin my shift. From the corner of my eye I can see Yoongi sitting on the bench like he has done for so many nights lately. He doesn't like to show it but he is hurting too. I don't know if it is just because of Aviana but I have a feeling that it has a lot to do with the fact that his parents are always gone. I can imagine being home alone all the time can be hard on someone. I can barely stand being home all the time even with my parents there. Yoongi isn't much of a talker. He also isn't much on showing emotion but I can tell. I know him better than he thinks and he is breaking my heart. All I can do is keep reassuring him that I am not going anywhere. This man, he holds my heart in the palm of his hands. I just hope he sees how much he means to me.

Namjoon POV

        'Same shit, different day,' I thought as I began stocking the vegetables on the shelves. Today I wore a long sleeved turtle neck under my work shirt. I didn't want to chance anyone seeing the bandages on my arm. My mind flashes an image of the cold shimmering razor as it slid across my skin. The blood that seeped from the edges of the freshly cut wound. I finally felt something. Something I can't even describe but the unfortunate truth is that it felt better than all the emotions that were pinning me down just moments prior. I thought I was never going to go down this road again. I guess I was wrong.

Jimin POV

        I sigh deeply as I read the newest message from my father and slam my phone down onto the table in the breakroom. I don't know how much more of the negativity I can take from my own flesh and blood. Of all the people in the world, I never thought it would be my own parents to toss me to the side like garbage. Why can't they just understand that being gay is not a choice. I can't help but love who my heart draws me to. Why does it have to be such an issue? 'Just stick to your plan, Jimin. You turn 18 soon. Everything will work out just fine. Have faith.' I grab my phone and head to the time clock.

Hoseok POV

        Jin has been such a God send for me since I ended up with those stitches. He has been letting me crash at his apartment since then. I just don't think that I can face my mother again. Not now, anyway. I can't even remember how it all started. I remember her yelling at me. I can remember yelling back. I think it was about taking out the trash. It was something stupid like that. Everything is such a blur. I remember bracing myself for a slap across the face but what I recieved was much harsher, she punched me. Then I heard the bottle break as I felt shear pain jolt through my head. I remember the feeling of warmth as it began to trickle down my cheek. I had reached up to wipe away what I had thought were tears and pulling back a hand laced in red. The next thing I remembered was waking up in the hospital. According to the officer that was with me in the room, my neighbor had called in a domestic disturbance. I have to make sure that I thank him for making that call. I can't bare to think what might have happened to me if he hadn't. I grab the warm bowls of rice and stack them onto the tray to serve them to the couple at table 7 and plaster my best smile on my face. 'These bowls won't deliver themselves, Hobi.'

JIN POV

        "Order up!" I called out and rang the bell on the counter so that Hoseok knew the customers food was ready for them. As I begin to scrape the grill and wipe down the counters my mind finds it way back to breakfast at my parents house last week. It started out as a nice meal. It was the first time in a long time that I was able to sit and watch my mom and dad share loving glances towards one another. We had decided to sit out on the patio so I was able to breathe in the fresh air and really enjoy the moment. That was until my father reminded me how much of a failure and disappointment I was to him. I kept my thoughts to myself for as long as I could while I tried to grasp his way of thinking. Dads Joke is successful. Even though it is just me and Hoseok working the BBQ Pit we bring in a lot of money there. I had decided that it was best for me to leave breakfast that morning. I continued to keep my cool. I just stood up, kissed my mother on the cheek and excused myself from the table. I walked out of that house and I have no intentions of going back. Dads Joke has brought in more than enough money for me to move into my own building, so I went back to my place and talked it out with Hoseok. We are going to start looking for new locations this coming week. It's time for me to get out from under my fathers thumb.

Taehyung POV

        'What the hell are you doing, Taehyung?' I thought to myself as I let my head fall onto the top of my desk. I know that Jungkook loves me and I care so much about him but this closeness is starting to scare me. We have been together for four months. That may not seem very long to others but for me, its a record these days. I don't think I have held a relationship this long since my first girlfriend, Taverlynn. My friends all tried to warn me about her but she was captivating. I asked her out our freshman year in high school. I remember how sweaty my palms became as I stood in front of her preparing myself for her answer and the relief I felt when she said yes. It was our senior year when I went to meet the basketball coach because I was interested in a scholarship. It was then that I witnessed Taverlynn and my teams star player in a full on make out session. My heart shattered into thousands of tiny sand sized pieces. I don't think I have ever fully trusted anyone since. Now here I am with Jungkook. I want to love him, more than anything in the world but... how do I do that when I am this scared?

        A knock sounded at the door pulling him from his thoughts. Taehyung cleared his throat and called out for whoever it was to come in. When the door had opened Jungkook appeared, tears flowing down his cheeks so hard you could see them drip from his jaw line.

        "I need to get to the hospital, Taehyung. Aviana's parents called me this time. They said I needed to be there. I'm scared, Tae." Jungkook managed to say through cracked vocals as his knees began to buckle beneath him. "I'm so so scared."