Chapter 15

Jungkook POV

Taehyung and I got to the hospital fairly early to see Aviana. When I entered the room alone her face lit up like a Fourth of July sky. It was great to see that light in her eyes again. She had a look of shock on her face when I grabbed her hand and told her to get up. I had brought in a wheelchair, once she was sat in it, I covered her legs with a blanket and showed her my best grin. As I pushed her out of her room her nurse asked us where we were headed. I simply responded that I was taking her for a stroll around the hospital because she had been cooped up in her room for far too long. Seeing as that was a satisfying answer for the nurse, I simply turned and started to push my best friends chariot down the long stretch of cold hallway and straight to the elevator. "Where are you taking me?" Aviana asked. I simply responded with a side smile and pushed her into the elevator as the steel doors opened.

Taehyung met us near the restrooms by the front entrance to the hospital with his pack slung over one shoulder. Handing the bag over to Aviana, with a smile, he said, "Get dressed." I chuckled lightly at the shock on her face.

"We are getting you out of here for a little while." I gave her my best bunny smile.

"T-this? This is your surprise, Kookie? It is safe? Won't I get in trouble?"  You could clearly hear the worry and shock lace Aviana's voice.

I reassured her, "You have no tests or scans planned. You don't get more medication until bedtime. You've been in great shape for days. There is no reason they will even miss you for a little while."

With that, Aviana got up out of the chair and went into the women's room to change into a set of her own comfortable clothes.

The first stop we made was at her favorite fast food joint. After we ordered and received our food at the drive through we headed to the park that we used to hang out at when we were younger. I was a good day for it. There weren't many people since it was a weekday and most parents were probably at work. We set up a blanket near the edge of the water, setting the food down and allowing ourselves to all plop into an overwhelming relaxation.

The day consisted of laughter, talk and a few tears. Thankfully though, it was an overall fun day and that's what I wanted for her. Happiness. If there's anyone in the world that I want to see happy, she is top of my list. I would do anything to see her smile. I can't even tell you how long we were there. I watched her feed the ducks. Wade in the water up to the end of her jean shorts. As night approached, I felt a sinking in my heart knowing it was time to take her back to room and leave her once again in silence. I continued the best I could, however, to keep things light hearted. I didn't want my thoughts to weigh on her shoulders. I only wanted her to remember this day for the rest of our lives.

Once she was back in her room, dressed in the horrid hospital gown that we have all grown so accustomed to seeing her in, the nurse made her appearance.

A stern look on her face, she grumbles out, "The day shift nurse said your friend here took you for a walk around the hospital. You've been gone for hours," her voice becoming softer, "I hope you made it out to the yard for some fresh air in that time." I took in a deep breathe after releasing the air from my lungs that I hadn't even realized I was holding.

"Yes, ma'am. I got her out to the garden and pushed her around out there for a while. I thought she could use the fresh air. I do apologize for losing track of time though." I looked over at Aviana and gave her a quick wink before bringing my attention back to the nurse who only hummed in response as she waved us off while she rushed back out the door.

Taehyung and I stayed with Aviana until visiting hours ended. As we prepared our departure, she thanked us again for saving her from complete boredom. Being stuck in the same room, staring at the same four walls day in and day out is quite monotonous. I gave her a kiss on her forehead and said our farewells, leaving her with my final words of the night, "I love you, Aviana. Always."

Taehyung POV

I could easily see the heaviness that was laying in Jungkook's heart as we left his best friend alone in her room. We walk along the same maze of cold hallway that the two of us have grown so familiar with, with his head hung low. Gently, I reached out for his hand, giving it a gentle squeeze packed with reassurance that today was a success and that everything was going to be okay.

    Okay. Was everything really going to be okay?

I watched as the man I fell so deeply in love with, crumbled to the floor in a puddle of tears, just a few weeks after our great day escape.

My heart didn't crack watching Jungkook sob loudly on the tiles below me, nor did it break. My heart completely shattered. As I looked around at the somber faces of all our friends, I realized that I too, had tears streaming down my cheeks.

Guilt. My mind screaming at me for lying. How could I have known? I fight myself. I couldn't have known, right?

Tears. I try to hold them back. I need to stand strong. I need to be a rock to be leaned on.

Rock. A useless pebble to be kicked upon as I fail to hold anyone up.

Guilt. I can hardly help myself, how can I help anyone else. Selfish! I'm so selfish! But. everything will be okay. Right?

Okay. Was everything really going to be okay?

A/N Hello my lovlies. I am so sorry for the short chapter and even more sorry for the delay in updating. I feel it is my duty to clue you all in on something since you have been kind enough to sit and read through all of this.

This story, is more than a story for me. It is based around my life. Growing up poor. Not having many friends. Falling in love for the first time. This is me. Naked and exposed. I began this story as a way to cope and face things in my past and as this progresses to surface the hardest thing I ever had to face in my life, I am finding it even more difficult to write. Not because I don't want to share it with you but because facing it, accepting it... well, this will be a first for me.

Thank you so much for reading my story. If anyone had ANY questions, I will gladly answer them. I thought about doing a Q&A but I am not sure if anyone really had that many questions so I will most like just answer them as they come. Anyway, thank you again for reading along. I promise to do my best to push through and update as soon as possible.

iPurpleYou!