Seventeen

"I cant believe Aviana has been gone almost two years already," Taehyung said as Jungkook was looking for the perfect bouquet of flowers, "Seems like just yesterday that the two of you were making strange faces at each other everytime I would try to hold your hand or wrap my arm around you." Jungkook shot his head around, eyes wide. "What? You didn't think that I noticed?" Taehyung laughed, "It made it all the more fun to do all those things." Taehyung's face fell solemn, "I actually miss those moments." 

     With a heavy sigh, Jungkook replied, "I know, babe. I miss her funny face, too," he chuckled trying to lighten the mood again. "Ahha! These are perfect! What do you think, Tae?" Only a large smile crossed Taehyung's face. "I will take that as a yes." Jungkook said and smiled back at his fiance. 

*******

     "You almost ready to go, Kookie?" Taehyung yelled across their shared apartment, "We don't want to be late!" 

     "I know! I'm coming, I'm coming." he replied back, taking a moment to look around the room before walking out lugging a couple of suitcases behind him.

     "Don't look so sad, Jungkookie. This is supposed to be the beginning of the happiest days of our lives."

     With sad eyes, Jungkook looked Tae in his blue contact clad eyes, seeing nothing but pure love and adoration staring back at him. "I know. I'm sorry. I just..." he trailed off, "You're right. My happiness is where you are, Tae. I love you."

     Taehyung reached out his hand, placing his fingers gently under his lovers chin and slowly brought his lips to meet Jungkooks'. "I love you, too, always," he smiled softly at the younger male, "Now lets go or we will never make it in time.

*******

     Jungkook was woken up by Taehyung lightly tapping on his thigh. "We are here, sleepyhead." Jungkook groaned as he let out a long, fulfilling stretch. Taehyung unbuckled his and his passengers seat belts before getting out of the car and making his way to the other side, opening Jungkook's door for him. 

     Eyes still not fully open, he smiled wearily at the older male reaching his arms out, "Carry meeeee." he said in a childish whine.

     "Ummmm, No. But I will carry the flowers." Taehyung responded with his boxy grin. Jungkook couldnt be mad at him, especially when we smiled like that and Tae knew it, too. 

     "Oooooooh... fiiinnnneeeee," Jungkook exaggerated as he stood to his feet taking in the beautiful weather surrounding him.

     Taehyung took Jungkooks hand in his, "You ready for this?"

     'As ready as I will ever be I guess.' he thought to himself as he outwardly nodded his head. 

*******

     "It's been a while. huh?" Jungkook began as Taehyung stood beside him with his arm placed on the small of his back, making small circular motions with his thumb. It was all the reassurance Jungkook needed to say what he had to say at this time. "I know you have always been there for me and I have always tried my best to do the same for you but I have to tell you something and I know you probably wont like it much." He stopped for a moment to look around, taking in all the beautiful green grass and strategically placed headstones. "Avi... my life without you hasn't been the same. Its no real secret. I thought that I would take my last breath with you the way my heart shattered that day. But I need you to understand, Taehyung has been there through all of it and I need him more than I can even explain." Jungkook looked at Taehyung who had tears already brimming in his eyes. "I love him, Avi. More than I have ever loved anyone in my life. I never thought I could find this kind of happiness after you left but Taehyung only made me heart swell more. With ever kiss, with every smile, I fell deeper and deeper in love with him." Jungkook knelt down placing the vase of flowers at the base of his best friends tombstone, "I really hope you are happy for me. I hope that you will continue to watch over us as we begin our lives together. I am so sorry that I wont be able to visit you much anymore, though." 

     Tears began to stream down his face as he thought about not having this place to come to anymore. Not having a place to sit and talk to Aviana as if she were still there in front of him. Not having a way place to escape to when he is feeling overwhelmed or when he is in need of guidance when he and Taehyung disagree on something. Sure she never actually answered him but he always seemed to find clarity here, no matter what the situation was. 

     Taehyung's face now tear streaked, wrapped his arms around Jungkook from behind, feeling helpless when it came to his loves pain but he didn't want to interrupt. It was the only request Jungkook had before they left and he was going to let him do what he needed to do in order to feel free from this place. 

     "We are leaving America, Avi. I tried to live without you here. I really did but everything reminds me of you. Taehyung has family back in Korea and we are going to start over there. You know where Korea is, right?" he chuckles awkwardly, "Of course you do. You were a wiz in geography. Promise me you will visit me there. Promise you aren't mad that I am leaving you. Please, Avi."

     This is where Jungkook broke. Sobs escaped him. His knees buckled. Taehyung lowered him to the ground, never letting go, just simply hoovering over him while holding him tight. 

     The two men stayed like that for a bit, Taehyung eventually clearing the sadness from his throat, he whispers, "We have to go, Kook. We are going to miss our flight if we don't."

     Jungkook nodded his head in understanding allowing Taehyung to release him from the tight grip. "I'll meet you at the car," he said as he wiped the remaining tears from his eyes. 

     Before leaving, Jungkook watched Tae walk to the car all alone, then turned back to the place his best friend's body will rest for all eternity, "I loved you first, you know? You were supposed to love me last. I guess things just don't always work out the way we plan them, huh? I'll always miss you, Aviana. Always." He finished by kissing two fingers on his left hand and placing them at the top of the cold granite with her name etched into it. Just then a dainty butterfly landed right on his finger. Not just any finger but his ring finger. The finger that held the beautiful diamond dusted band that Taehyung had proposed with. Tears once again filled his dark brown orbs, "Thank you, Avi." The butterfly then began to flutter its wings, circling his head once before touching his cheek and flying away. "Thank you for your approval, Aviana. I love you." 

THE END

Epilogue Chapter coming up in a jiffy.