3

you,,

"You're not my Dad you know. You have no right to keep me from dating." I steam as I pace back and forth in Yoongi's room.

The guys had left awhile ago and now I was just ranting.

"I'm just looking out for you. Trust me, you'll thank me when you're not crying about your heart being broken." Yoongi says as he scrolls on his phone.

I sigh as I sit down on the end of Yoongi's bed.

"Is it seriously that big of a deal?" I ask.

Yoongi looks over at me and sets his phone down.

"As your best friend, it's my job to keep you from getting hurt. Guys lead to lies. Then you'll get hurt. So just listen to me when I say you're better off single." Yoongi says as he pats me on my shoulder.

"It's not fair." I pout.

"Life isn't fair." Yoongi says then pulls the blanket up.

"And What's with this outfit? You're too exposed." Yoongi says as he places the blanket over my legs.

"I just wanted to change up my style. I thought maybe I could show you I was mature enough to get a boyfriend." I say and Yoongi laughs.

"I know your personality, y/n. No matter how you dress I'll always know you're still a child."

I straight face at Yoongi's words.

"I can't stay single forever you know." I say as I mess with the end of the blanket.

Yoongi laughs and pats my head.

"Yeah, I know." He says.

"Then when will you finally let me meet someone without you scaring them away?" I huff.

Yoongi leans forward and boops my nose.

"Never."

...

The next day I decided I'd go shopping on my own for a bit.

I wanted to relax and hopefully even mingle a bit since Yoongi wouldn't be around to stop it.

After awhile at the mall I picked up a few things, mainly shoes.

Man I loved buying shoes.

"Y/n?" I hear and I turn my head in the direction of the sound.

Coming my way was Hoseok.

"Oh hey, funny meeting you here." I smile as I push a strand of hair behind my ear.

"You too. It's weird not seeing Yoongi at your side." Hoseok laughs, his smile brightening the room.

"Isn't it." I laugh.

"He's really protective, huh?" Hoseok says as he begins to walk beside me.

"Very."

"Doesn't it get a bit frustrating? I mean you don't even get to date." He says.

"You're telling me. I'm surprised Yoongi isn't popping out of the floorboards just because we're talking." I say.

Hoseok laughs but I was serious.

Yoongi was everywhere.

"He's a good guy, he's just looking out for you." Hoseok says as he looks over at me.

"Yeah, I know. It's just a bit much sometimes ya know."

"I understand. Hey, I know Yoongi probably won't like it but would you maybe want to keep hanging out?" Hoseok asks and I look over at him, eyebrows raised.