IX

Trinity 'Trin' Carter
*3 Months*

I walk out my apartment to my car looking at my phone reading all the text messages from Dante begging me to come back. I can't take the toxic relationship anymore, something has to give. I get into my Benz pressing the button to start it and heading to my job. I notice a Porsche following me. I make a face and turn off and it makes the same turns. I pull over at a gas station and get out.

"Trin!" I hear Dante yell. How the hell did he find me? I turn and look into his eyes. "What? What do you want?" I growl. His face softens and his eyes water. "Come home." I laugh a little, this man can't be serious. This is definitely not the Dante I first encountered three years ago. "No, Dante you've literally ruined my life. I don't even wanna deal with my own baby anymore Dante. When I look at her all I see if you and your mother." I tell him getting emotional, "Just leave me alone please? Forever?" I beg getting back into my car pulling off leaving him looking stupid.

Dante 'Tae' Santino
"Relax Dante. She'll come back." Trins mom comforts me. I nod and sit up as she leaves. I go behind her and close the door, locking it. I go back to my desk and go into my stash. I've been doing drugs again, and I can't stop myself. It's the only way to deal with my grief, all I have is Milana. My mom is gone, my wife is gone. What have I done?

I sat in my office beginning to feel sick, I look down at all the powder left on my desk. I quickly inhale the rest and sit back in my seat. My heart began to beat incredibly loud and fast. I sit up and try to call out for Trin's mom but I couldn't. I felt my head get really light and I passed out.

Trinity 'Trin' Carter
I sat in my car outside of my old residence preparing to go get my daughter. I get out and head through the front door. I hear Milana giggling, I go into the kitchen. "Mommy!" Lana screams and hugs me. I pick her up and kiss her forehead. "I misses you." I smile and hug my mom. "Where's Tae?" I ask. "In his office. Hasn't been out all day." She responds. I make a face, "have you checked on him?" I ask. "No." I put Lana down and go upstairs. I go to Dante's office and try to open the door, locked. I push the door trying to push it down. "Dante!" I yell trying to get his attention. I push it one last time and it opens, revealing Dante slumped over in his seat. I run to him. "Dante, baby wake up!" I say shaking fearing he had an overdose. "Dante please? Please wake up!" I say crying. "Mom call 911!" I look up seeing Lana standing there crying. "Lana go to your room baby." I turn my attention back to my husband. "Tae!" I shake him. "Tae please? Please don't leave us here Tae!?"

I sit in the hospital waiting room with my legs crossed unable to gather my thoughts. My mom next to me holding a sleeping Lana. "Baby calm down." My Mom says touching my arm, she had been crying and I know were stressing her out. "I'm sorry mom. I'm so sorry." I say looking down at my lap. "Listen, I'm here for you two. Okay? I understand." I hug her and continue to wait.

About three hours of waiting, the doctor came out. "Santino? He's a very lucky man. From our reports it looks like he wasn't breathing for about a hour. He's being treated from the drugs, they pumped his stomach. We're just waiting for him to recover a little more. Anyone want to come back?" I nod and we follow the doctor back to Dante's room. He was laying in bed looking extremely weak. He smiles when he sees me. "Hi baby." He says before coughing. I sit next to him on the bed, my first thought was to smack him, but I didn't do it. "Why?" I ask with watering eyes. "I'm sorry." He says caressing my cheek. "I love you." I say kissing his lips. "I love you too." I stand, take Milana from my mom and walk out.

"Mommy are we going back to see daddy?" I shake my head and lay Lana in her bed. "Goodnight. Say prayers." I Tell Lana. "But mommy I have questions." I sigh, "What did I say Milana?" She looks away. I stand and turn off her light walking to my room. I took a bath and laid in Dante's bed. I couldn't sleep, I got up and went to his office. I cleaned his office and flushed every drug I could find. I sit in his chair and look at the pictures on his desk, there were numerous pictures of me and Milana. And his mom. I sigh and began to cry. Why is my life going so bad?
This wasn't supposed to be like this, I was supposed to have Milana and we were supposed to get married. I hate this life.

Dante 'Tae' Santino

I sit outside the hospital waiting for Trin to go get the car. When she pulled up, I got into the passenger seat and kissed her cheek. She rolls her eyes and proceeds to go home.

"Baby!" I yell waiting on Trin to come upstairs. "Yes Tae?" She only calls me Tae when she's mad at me. "Baby come here please?" I smile a little. She walks in between my legs. "I love you." I Tell her everyday more than once a day. I love her a lot. "Okay Tae." I roll my eyes. "Quit Being Mad At me." I say. "I almost lost you last week. Do you understand? You could've died? What were we going to do Tae!? Huh? Me and your kids Tae!?" She screams walking away from me. I'm tired of arguing man, I'm ready to be happy again. She comes back in the door way, "Oh, by the way. I'm pregnant."

Trinity 'Trin' Carter
"How you feeling?" My Mom ask over the phone, she took a girls trip down to Louisiana with her friends. "I'm okay momma. Just a little upset right now." I respond watching Milana play in the backyard. "Don't stress. I wanna meet my grand babies." I smile and touch my little ball of a stomach. "I won't hurt them. I promise." I respond feeling Dante wrap his arms around me. I relax and feel comfortable in his arms again. "Well were about to go to dinner. I'll talk to you later." My mom says getting off the phone, "Okay mom. Love you. Be safe." She hangs up and I turn to Dante wrapping my arms around him. "Twins?" He ask, I smile and nod. "I'm so happy baby." He says kissing my lips, I haven't felt like this for Dante in a while. He's beginning to make me happy again.

"Mommy when the babies going to be here?" Lana ask touching my waist. I look down at her and grin, "One month after your birthday. Are you excited?" I ask her. "Yes! I hope it's a baby sister. And a baby brother." I sit on the floor next to her in the living room, "I hope so too. Are you going to be happy if it's two boys? Or two girls?" She nods, "Yes. I can have friends to play with." I hug my baby girl, I couldn't have asked for a better daughter honestly. I hear the front door open and Dante comes in holding something in a blanket. "Milana, I got you a present." Milana jumps up and runs to Dante, "what is it daddy!?" I laugh at how happy she is, Dante opens the planner revealing the smallest Yorkie puppy I have ever seen. "Aw oh my gosh daddy!" I sigh, lord Ima be cleaning up after a dog too? "His name is Reese." Dante tells her putting the dog in Lana's arms. I give the look to Dante, "I promise I'll take care of it." He tells me coming to talk to me. "Okay Dante. Please keep ya word?" He smiles and kisses my forehead, "I got it babymomma."