Chapter 1 - The Beginning

White light could have been seen in front of William. He got up from the floor and looked behind him. He then saw a boy next to him shaking his unconscious body, repeating his name multiple times. William realized that the boy shaking him over and over again was Ivan. He put his hand on Ivan's shoulder. "Hey, it's alright-" his hand went through Ivan instead of touching him. William looked at his hand in a panic and saw that there was an odd white glow around it. Ivan's voice trailed off as William looked in front of him. He saw the white light getting brighter and brighter. William walked toward the light and reached out his hand to touch it. The bright white light felt soft and resembled a cloud. The light then consumed William and then...

48 hours ago

"All right, settle down", a teacher said to her talkative students while checking on her computer for attendance. "Ok. He's here, she's here, he's...", the teacher looked up from the computer and to the class. "Where's William?", the teacher asked out loud. At that moment, a boy with blond and dark brown hair entered the room. He was wearing black jeans, a dark blue t-shirt with a black jacket, and a grey Jansport backpack. "Here", the boy said. "Late again, William", the teacher said, shaking her head and clicking something on the computer.

"Sorry, there was a lot of traffic on my way here", William said. He then walked over to his desk and sat down, putting his backpack on the back of his chair. "Is no one gonna notice that the teacher didn't lock the door?", a boy sitting next to William asked. "I know right?", William said. The boy that was sitting next to William was one of his friends named "Ivan".

He had black hair and was wearing a black t-shirt, blue jeans, converses, and had a black backpack on. "Ok class. Today, we are going to do a worksheet on the Declaration of Independence", the teacher said. "Lame", Ivan whispered to William. "Like you?", William joked as he looked at Ivan with a sarcastic smile. The teacher then started to pass out the worksheet. Once she was done, she returned to her desk and sat down, looking over exams. "Yeah no", Ivan said as he looked over the worksheet. "Here William, she will give you extra credit if you do mine". Ivan then passed him the worksheet with a smile.

"Haha, very funny", William said, passing him back the worksheet. "Ugh, why do we have to know who did what in 1776? That's not our time. Our times involves Starbucks and doing dumb shit", Ivan said. "Alright, first, so we could be "productive" which is something that no one wants to be on a Monday. Second, the Starbucks thing is true, but please don't do anymore dumb stuff than you already have, Mr. Let me see how it's feels like to be high.", William said, bringing up a past memory.

"I thought you weren't gonna say anything about that", Ivan said, surprised that William brought up the subject. William held in his laughter. "Oh, a secret like that is gonna cost more than five bucks to be kept a secret", William said while writing his name on the worksheet. "Whatever, my life needs more excitement than just worksheets about history", Ivan said. "Mhm, yeah totally", William said, paying more attention to the worksheet. Ivan then looked at William's worksheet and started copying his answers. "Idiot", William thought to himself as a small smile appeared on his face.

The class ended and everyone turned in their worksheets. They then left the classroom and all headed to their next class. "So, about the excitement thing...", Ivan started to say. "Oh god, don't say anything about that because something I learned from you is that you happen to jinx MANY things", William said, turning in his worksheet. "No, I don't. Ok, name one thing that I jinxed.", Ivan said while putting his worksheet on top of William's.

"Just last week, you said that you would never get into a fight but if you did, you'll probably win. Well, a day later, you got into a fight and you did win, but that win involved winning a ticket to the principal's office. Convinced now?", William asked as they both walked out of the classroom. Ivan then opened his mouth to speak, but then stopped himself.