Chapter 25 - Status: Missing

Trigger Warning: The following chapter may contain intense violence, gore, suicidal thoughts and actions for some audiences. Reader may proceed with caution.

"It's cold", a thought bloomed inside William's head. He felt his body shivering as he felt his skin run blue. A breath escaped him and the fog was seen.

William opened his eyes and they glowed green. The green trace began tracing around his body once again, warming him up. Once it was done, he rolled onto his back, getting his suit dirty. He exhaled and began to get up.

He cried out in pain as he felt a stinging sensation stop him midway. He fell back onto the floor and looked down at his pants, small rips being visible. His fingers traced down his leg and once he got to the ripped fabric, he felt a sharp nail.

William winced and banged his fist on the ground. He looked back at his fingers and saw them caked in blood. At that moment, a familiar static noise erupted in his ears. He screamed as he flipped onto his chest. Flickers of people being tortured filled his mind.

William's fists banged against the hard floor as gasps escaped his mouth. "STOP", he yelled aggressively, his eyes beginning to glow. The static noise abruptly stopped and William sighed, laying his head down.

The ground shook as footsteps approached the boy. He looked up and his eyes widened. The footsteps were approaching from the darkness in front of him.

William pushed himself back and fell onto his back. He hyperventilated as he tried his best to crawl back. In the darkness, the outline of a tall creature could be seen.

He looked behind him and saw his dad's face peering over his shoulder. William screamed as he positioned his body away from it. Once William's vision came to focus, the creature, in the form of his dad, stood in front of him.

"You", William snarled, fury seen in his eyes. He made his hands into fists and pushed himself up to his feet, ignoring his pain. "Stop wearing that face", he snapped. It cocked a brow at him.

"We all know what you really are, so why keep the disguise?", William questioned. "Funny, I could ask the same to you", it responded. "Me?", William whispered, furrowing his brows. "I'm not a murderer", he raised his voice.

"All those people... You slaughtered them all", William said disgusted. A smirk appeared on it's lips. "Why?", he asked aggressively. "What are a couple hundred lives compared to a billion? And besides, it's fun", it responded.

"You're sick", William muttered, shaking his head. "No, you're the sick one here. Hiding amongst those humans, pretending to be one of them, but you can't hide from me", it returned, it's face turning serious.

"You could have easily killed me just like all those other people, so if I'm alive, you need something from me. So cut the crap, what is it?", William asked. It let out a soft chuckle.

A scream escaped William's lips as he felt the flesh in his leg ripping. The broken nails that the creature left behind slowly ripped through. It stretched it's hand out and the nails, soaked in blood, retracted back to it's fingers.

William groaned as he fell down. His hands met the cold ground beneath him. He felt his body shaking as blood began dripping down once again.

William looked down and saw several rips in his leg. He looked back at his dad and saw it observing the blood on it's nails.

"It's been such a long time since I've felt the sensation of blood", it spoke. William panted as he tried to get up. "I almost miss feeling it", it admitted, making it's hand into a fist.

At that moment, William froze, feeling force strangling his throat. He gasped for air as his face began draining it's color. As his vision began blacking out, he stared into the creature's cold eyes.