Chapter 29 - Reversible

A shoe stepped on a puddle of water. In the reflection, a boy wore ripped clothes with blood on them. Black veins traced his face. It was then revealed to be William. His hands turned into sharp claws and his eyes glowed white.

He stared at someone in front of him with fury in his eyes. In the reflection of his eye, a crossbow was seen in Ivan's hands. He aimed it at William and pulled back on the arrow.

"Let's settle this once and for all."

1 Hour Ago

The video ended and the light retreated back into the device. Ivan and Derek wiped their tears away. Ivy took the drive out of the device and observed it.

"Guess we know what we need to do now", she put the drive down. "But, he said we need a extraordinary amount of energy, where are we gonna find that?", Derek questioned.

"What about one of the creatures? They can generate that kind of energy, we just have to mind control one of them to use it", Ivy suggested. "There's one thing that's wrong with that", Ivan began.

"Will was able to access that much energy because he already had powers and the creature's energy." "I don't see what's wrong with that", Ivy said. "Because Will had unlimited powers, the wave didn't affect him."

"So, what would happen to a random creature if they turned on the device?", Derek asked, a worried tone in his voice. "They wouldn't make it", Ivan responded. Derek raised his brows.

"No, no, no, we're not gonna sacrifice a random person's life", he argued. "We don't have a choice and they're not even normal people anymore", Ivy snapped.

"So, you just wanna kill someone?", Derek asked, looking at her disgusted. "No, I don't wanna kill someone, but we have to. It's them or us", Ivy responded.

"Even if we were to consider that idea, how would we be able to do that without Will noticing?", Ivan asked. "That's just the thing, he knows we're alive, so he's gonna come after us sooner or later", Ivy said.

"You have an idea already, huh?", Derek questioned. "What if we take the attack to him? He won't see us coming, so we have the upper hand here", Ivy suggested.

"Yeah, because we totally would stand a chance against thousands of creatures that are just in this area", Ivan said sarcastically. "We wouldn't need to, we just have to keep them distracted long enough to power the device", she explained.

"And if that doesn't work?", Derek asked. Ivy went quiet for a moment. "Would a human be enough to power the device?", she asked Ivan. "Not without dying."

"That'll be plan B, let's get ready", Ivy said, walking away from the group. Derek and Ivan shot each other a nervous glance. Ivy looked around the room and found some ammo for her gun.

"Please tell me you weren't serious back there", Ivan walked up to her. "You know me, I'm not much of a bluffer", Ivy loaded her gun. "You can't just kill yourself-"

"If that's what it comes down to, then yeah I can. Besides, I don't have much waiting for me once this is over, but all of you do", Ivy said. She then walked to a nearby shelf and found a crossbow.

She threw it and Ivan caught it. He gave her a confused face. "Self-defense", Ivy said, handing him a belt of arrows. While Ivan and Ivy talked, Derek stared at the device.

"You better be right about this."

Once the group was done preparing, they climbed up the crawl hole and to ground level. They ran outside the building and stopped when they saw the creatures walking by.