Chapter 6 - Just a Dream

24 Hours Before The Event

Ivan felt the light from outside his window shine onto his face. He groaned softly as he flipped over to his side, facing away from the light outside. When he did, he felt someone else's presence on the bed with him. Ivan opened his eyes and saw William sleeping next to him with one hand under his pillow and the other holding a blanket. Ivan made a small smile and reached a hand out toward William. William then felt a hand on his hair and opened his eyes to find Ivan rubbing his hair. William made a small smile as he connected eyes with Ivan. He then groaned as he grabbed Ivan's hand and put it aside.

"Can you like stop doing that almost everyday?", William asked, sounding tired. "So, you don't like it when I rub your hair every morning?", Ivan asked, raising a eyebrow. "Oh, I never said that", William said with the smile on his face enlarging. Both William and Ivan chuckled to each other. They then connected eyes again. "You know, we can just skip school today and sleep in", Ivan offered as he moved closer to William. "And forget about the presentation that we have for history?", William asked, reminding Ivan. "Do you really want to present in front of the whole class? It's like an anxiety attack waiting to happen", Ivan stated. "Yeah, you do have a point there", William agreed. "So?", Ivan asked, waiting for William's response to his offer. William made a funny face as he pondered Ivan's question. "Fine", William finally said with an eye roll following his response.

Ivan cheered quietly as he held William's hand. "I swear you are such a big softie", William said, trying not to smile. "I know, thank you for noticing", Ivan said. "Wouldn't your parents get mad if they found out you skipped school?", William asked curiously. "Don't worry about it, I'll just say that I got sick", Ivan said, coming up with a scenario in his head. "Aren't they those parents that would give you medicine and still send you to school regardless?", William said, remembering how his parents act. "Shut up", Ivan said, trying not to laugh. William and Ivan then put their heads against each other and closed their eyes. "I love you", Ivan whispered softly. There was a moment of silence after Ivan's words filled the room. "I know, but this isn't real", William said in a soft voice. Ivan opened his eyes and made a confused face. "Wh-what?", Ivan asked as he moved his eyes down at William. William kept a blank face and his pupils disappeared. "You need to wake up", William said with his voice becoming distorted.

Ivan opened his eyes to the movement of William shaking his bed. It was then revealed that he was dreaming. "Dude wake up, we're gonna be late for school", William said as soon as Ivan woke up. Ivan then groaned and threw his blanket over him. "Five more minutes", Ivan whined. William grabbed the blanket and tossed it away from Ivan. Ivan looked at the blanket and back at William. "You asshole", Ivan insulted. "Come on, I don't wanna be late", William said as he walked over to Ivan's closet. Ivan looked at William as he opened his closet. "What are you-", Ivan started to say. "I need a shirt because the other one got wet from the rain", William interrupted. "Can't we just go to your house-", Ivan started to ask.

"Hey, you said that your space shirt didn't fit you anymore, can I wear it?", William interrupted again. "I-", Ivan said, sounding confused. "Thanks, now I just need a sweater. Oh, what about your bright blue jean jacket?", William asked, pulling Ivan's space shirt and jean jacket out of the closet. "Yeah no, I actually like that jacket", Ivan said, getting up from his bed. "Good for you, I'm gonna borrow it for the whole day", William said, putting it over his shoulder and walking out of the room. "I'm not even gonna try anymore", Ivan said to himself. Ivan looked outside the window and saw the grey clouds from yesterday covering the sky. Ivan then sighed as he remembered his dream. "I wish I didn't have to wake up", Ivan whispered to himself as he lost himself in thought.

Cindy stepped out of the house and looked back, waiting for Ivan and William. Cindy was wearing a black hoodie with grey jeans and had her hair curled. "I wonder if they're arguing about pancakes and waffles again", Cindy thought to herself as she put her hands in the pockets of her hoodie. She then heard footsteps approaching the door. Ivan stepped out with a grey hoodie with blue jeans and black converse. Cindy then noticed how Ivan's eyes had a bit of red in them with his hair being a little messy. Ivan had his backpack in his hand that dried overnight. He then put it on and walked toward Cindy. "Rough night?", Cindy asked, already knowing the answer. "You could say that", Ivan said as he walked next to Cindy.