2

/Grayson POV\

I got home ready to eat and spend a little time with my baby brother. Yes it was late, like three in the morning late. Or is that early? Anyways I wanted to cuddle Damian. He was so cuddly, just like an attention starved kitten. But when I got to his room I found it empty. All his things where there in their assigned spots. But I knew him better. All of his original things weren't there. He had even left his sketchbook.

   Then I saw them. Papers out of place on his desk. Picking them up I saw they were for me and Bruce. I quickly red mine.

   Dear Richard,
        I have many things I want to say but none seem to fit. Like I love you. But not as a brother. You raised me. Taught me how to be Robin when I was a child soldier who only knew how to kill. You were patient with me even though I know I'm a useless brat. I'll miss you the most. You are my Papa. My father. If there is anything I've taken from this family is that family isn't always blood. Mr. Wayne may be my blood father. But you are the one I know is.
   You must be wondering why I'm writing this to you and gone. Well I realized something as I watched you, Drake and Batman on tv. I was only in the way. No matter how hard I tried to be better I was never good enough. I'm a demon. Someone who should never have been made. Because I was. I wasn't born. I am a sick eugenics experiment.
   I love you Papa. Know that I do. But Robin isn't mine. Never was. I'm not what is needed in this family. Please don't mourn my leaving. Live a happier life now that I'm gone.
          Love Damian al-Ghul

   No. No he can't be. No. Nonononononononono. I wanted to read the other to see if he told Bruce where he was going but the man needed to know he was gone. I race to Bruce's room in a flurry of despair. He couldn't be gone. My baby bat couldn't be gone. I've only had him two years. He couldn't.

   "Dick?" Bruce looked at me shocked. I knew I was crying. He didn't have to tell me. "What's wrong?"

   "Damian," I hiccup. "He left."

   "On patrol?" The man growled. "He knows he is benched."

   "NO!" I scream. "He left. He is never coming back. He left this for you. I hope you're happy Bruce. Because until my Baby Bat comes back. I'm never talking to you again. Screw being Nightwing. It won't have meaning without my baby." Because it just hit me. Just like Damian thinks I'm his father, I know he is mine. My baby. My child. My baby bat. The Robin to my Batman.

   "He will be back," Bruce snorts. "He does whatever Talia says. If she says she wants him here then he will be back." I look him straight in the eyes and punch him. It didn't feel good, but it felt right. I then hand his, smaller, letter to him.

   I left. I didn't want to stay and see what it said. Not anymore. I had to look for my child. But first I needed to talk to Alfred. He knew everything that went on in this house. And I do mean everything. I swear Bruce learned everything from the Butler. That's the only way he is as good as he is, because Alfred is almost godlike.

-another chapter. I almost cried writing this. I'm trying to not make it all angst..... but we will see how this goes. Damian is t being helpful in breaking out of his adorable, emo(I didn't say that) state.