20

Damian woke up to noises from the kitchen. He jerked awake when he realized there was light entering his room. He noticed a figure across the foot of his bed.

   "Drake," he growled.

   "No too early," Tim curled into a ball. "Protect Dami from Supes." The teen had finally had a caffeine crash and sleep overruled his insomnia finally. "Sleep Dami. Sleep." Damian only shook his head and gently covered his older sibling. After making sure he wasn't going to be seen doing so. He would denying it to his dying day that he willingly helped Timothy Drake.

   Damian walked out to find his father standing across from his papa. And his papa wasn't happy.

"Damian isn't going with you," Dick hissed angrily. He was trying to be quiet thinking the rest of the household was still asleep.

"He is my son," Bruce sighed. "His Mother is in town. You know she will take him if she found out he wasn't living with me." The older man was tired. Between being Bruce Wayne, Batman, and stressing over getting his children back.... let's just say his insomnia isn't the only thing keeping him up.

A hand landed on Damian's shoulder causing him to jump in fright. Jason grinned at the child happy to get one over him. Then he saw Bruce Wayne. A growl from the monochrome haired teen gained their attention to the two.

"What about my mother?" Damian asked in a fashion close to when he just got to Gotham. Like he deserved the answer; and in a way he did. There wasn't a reply. Neither adult wanted to talk. Dick because he didn't have all the answers. The other because his youngest talked to him. "Well?"

"She is in town," Dick whispered. "She has been searching for you."

"Why was I," "He... trying... manipulate..." "I not informed." He shook his head to clear his thoughts. He looked at Jason. The voice he heard was his. Maybe Jason had mumbled something.

Ignoring the pause the older people of the Batclan looked at him surprised. He loved his mother and he wasn't demanding to see her? Even if she has tried to kill him a couple of times, sent assassins, all of the way to intense training from his childhood. You know the one that a child shouldn't be doing, much less succeeding to do.

"I found out just now Demon," Jason shrugged. No way was he showing the anger about this. He had to keep his cool now. His youngest brother's life here, within his reach and safe, was on the line.

<~< so.... hi I'm back. I updated. I hope you liked it. It was hard to think of how I wanted the story to go. I can't have a complete thing of cotton candy. I can't. It's to cute. And as much as all of them deserve one. The story needs some drama thrown in. Case in point: Talia al Ghul.

                    >~<' DS35