Chapter 2 - Camp

One week later

Clarisse POV

I was wondering what Prissy was doing, being a primordial and all. Don't ask me why I was wondering, I just was. I was doing border patrol, although I didn't really need to. I saw a small boy running up Half-Blood Hill, being pursued by a pack of hellhounds. This was pretty strange, because the monsters have been leaving us alone most of the time. The kid ran up and over the border and collapsed on the grass trying to catch his breath. I ran out and dealt with the hellhounds. When I came back, the kid was watching me with something approaching awe. I clapped him on his back and led the way downhill. Chiron was just finishing up an archery lesson when I arrived. I leaned over and told the boy to go to Chiron. He nodded with wide eyes and walked hesitantly over to Chiron. Chiron told the boy to follow him and led the way to the Big House. I went back to the border to find two gorgons standing at the border and cursing. "We missed the boy by this much!" shouted the one with green snakes for hair as she held her forefinger and thumb very close together.

"This is your fault, Stheno! If we hadn't stopped for snacks we might have caught him!"

"But, Euryale-"

"No buts!" I butted in.

"What are you two doing on this hill? The boy is safe, and he's not that powerful that you need to guard camp to get to him." The red haired one, Euryale, replied.

"He may not be powerful, but he has an ancient aura, and it smells like fresh-baked scones. Delicious."

"Well, get off this hill. He's not exactly going to come running over here, now is he?" Euryale simply pointed behind me. I turned and gasped. The kid was running back up the hill, followed by a small army of monsters. He wasn't looking where he was going and plowed into me, knocking both of us down, but he just scrambled back up and kept on running. Then he saw the monsters that had gathered on the other side of the hill. They surrounded him. I got up and began running towards him, spear in hand, when something knocked me over. My head hit a rock, and I began to  black out. I looked towards the boy, certain he would be overrun, and saw him start changing shape and size. He now looked like a seventeen year old. Like ... Prissy. He spoke to the monsters in a commanding voice.

"Monsters, you have blown my cover. I entered camp in a different form to show people that they don't need to fear me vaporising them. Five minutes later, you were hunting me because I smelled of fresh baked scones. For this, you will be punished." He sent a hurricane into the monsters, and they burst into dust. "As for you, Clarisse, tell the campers not to fear me, and that I would appreciate an actual conversation before I go crazy." He turned and walked down the hill, away from camp. My vision turned dark.