Chapter 3 - I meet the Primordials

1 hour later

Percy POV

I may have told that to Clarisse, but whether she believed me, I had no clue. I decided to try something even crazier than my camp idea. I would go and have a chat with Tartarus and Nyx. I went to the underworld. I walked up to the gates, patted Cerberus on the head, and went through the EZ death line. I walked down the same tunnel I had walked down five years ago, when I was twelve, and reached the edge of the pit. I jumped in. When I landed, I used a hurricane to lift me up in the air. I flew down into Tartarus' descending levels. I eventually reached the heart. When I got there, I called out to him. "Hey, Tartarus! I'm the demigod who escaped your realm!" He was quick to appear, probably very excited to kill the demigod who had escaped him and cut the Doors of Death free. He appeared in his physical form, only to find that I was taller than he was. I heard him mutter 'WTF?' and I laughed.

"I'm a primordial now, Tartarus. Can we be be friends?" He looked taken aback by this but nodded.

"How-"

"Did I become a primordial? I'll show you." I created a screen from swirling clouds and played what had happened on it. Half of it showed the action scene, and the other half showed the earth from space. Tartarus' eyes widened as he saw the hurricane covering half of earth, and narrowed when he saw me defeat Gaia. Then he laughed.

"Well done, it's about time she became more humble. Seeing as we're friends now, do you want to see my sister Nyx again?"

"Yeah, sounds fun. I should probably apologise for making her think that we were tourists." Tartarus laughed.

"You really do have a knack for making those stronger than you get annoyed at you."

I laughed.

"I know, but now I'm stronger than most of them."

We continued talking and laughing like old friends. Tartarus came up with the idea of surprising Nyx. I agreed, and shrunk down to my demigod height. Tartarus dissolved his form back into the pit. I went over to the edge of Tartarus and called out to Nyx. "Hey, Nyx, I'm a tourist! I might actually put your photo in my scrapbook this time." Nyx rose out of the abyss quickly and recognised me.

"Ha! The demigod has decided to get himself killed." I smirked and grew in height so that I was taller than Nyx. "On second thoughts, I won't kill you." she said, sounding slightly worried. Tartarus made his physical form again, and we high-fived. "Brother, you were involved in this?" she asked, annoyed.

"Yes, Nyx, I was. This is Percy, primordial of hurricanes. I believe you two have met?" Nyx growled.

"You could say that. But you were a demigod when you entered my realm, Percy. What happened?" I showed her the same thing that I had shown Tartarus, and she looked at me with pity in her eyes. "Losing all your friends seems to have taken a toll on you." She gave me a hug. I had friends again. "Come on, Percy, I'll take you to meet Chaos." I turned to Tartarus.

"See you, Tar."

"See ya, Perce." Nyx let me get on her chariot, and got on after me. We flew down into the abyss in companionable silence. We reached a place where the blackness seemed to get blacker. Nyx called out.

"Hey, Chaos! There's a new primordial I'd like you to meet." Out of the blackness rose someone somehow darker than her domain. She was covered in galaxies and constellations, and had beautiful black wings. She flew over and landed on the chariot.

"Hi. I'm guessing you're the new primordial in town?"

"Yeah."

"Cool. I'm Chaos, the girl who created the universe, and all that jazz. Would you like to join the primordial council?"

"Wow. Um, er, OK. Is it anything like the Olympian Council?" she laughed.

"There is a lot of squabbling, but we actually get the job done, unlike those gods. You'll be part of the family if you join, and I'll take you to meet the other primordials before the meeting."

"When is the meeting?"

"Whenever I feel like it. Do you want to come meet the others now?"

"Sure. Are they anything like Tartarus and Nyx?"

"Yeah, they're great to hang out with. Jump out of the chariot and follow me." I did so, and we flew off.