Chapter 22

Hi there .. :)
I'll try to make this chapter as emotional as possible I hope you enjoy the emotions and the effect I want you guys to feel..
We all are not perfect and so are our stories(not the wattpad ones, our real life ones)..
I hope you understand the feeling the chapter contains so do enjoy it to the fullest.. :)
Grab some tissues if you want sweeties otherwise your pillows work just fine ;) I know...

Hope you like the chapter .. <3

***

It had been two days since I cried all night after Salah left.I was right to think that we wouldn't be the same after that.Two days and Salah avoided me perfectly not that I was too clingy.He wouldn't talk and nor stay close to the place where I would stand and sit.

It seemed as if I burned him.He would mostly stay in his room or busy himself in office work.I would too not linger in the lounge or hall but stay quietly in my room or with Ahya.

Watering the plants in the garden I felt a presence.As I turned around I saw Zarah sitting on the Charpoy bed.
When I was done, I sat besides her as we enjoyed the peaceful environment.

"I miss Junaid Uncle."I stated after a while.

The young girl turned to me as she studied my face.

"Are you okay."she asked.

"No maybe not."I said truthfully.

Some hours later I capped the pen and kept it in my drawer as I stood up from the chair.Reaching towards my black dupatta I pulled it around my shoulders as my long hair remained in a loose braid behind my back.

Walking down the dimly lit silent hallway I skidded down the stairs with a piece of white paper in my hand.

I found Baba in the main hall with Mama.He was sitting in his favourite armchair as Mama sat on the couch besides him as they talked over something, maybe important.Noticing me they stopped their conversation and settled their eyes on me giving me full attention.I smiled at them and placed the piece of paper in front of Baba on the glass table.His eyebrows raised as if to question.

"You asked if I wanted something from Islamabad, so here is a list of book you can get me from there."I stated.

"Oh sure Shahwar.I'll make time for your book shopping."He smiled teasingly as his eyes turned to Mama.An amusing smile on her lips too.

Baba was leaving for Islamabad to attend some business and he had asked if he could bring something from there, for me.He was leaving early morning tomorrow so I sat with my parents talking about random things.Almost everyone was already in beds after dinner.Giving Daadi Maa her medicine I had gotten to my room to prepare a long list of books to renew my little library.

After talking for a while Mama said as she tucked her feet beneath her,

"Shahwar, go to sleep now its late.And you have to wake up early.Now go my daughter."

She said as I was a little girl but still I compelled.Kissing her cheek and pecking Baba's hand I said my 'goodnight' walking away from them.Making my way to the stairs I felt the need to drink water first.Walking into the kitchen, I pulled the refrigerator door opened before taking out a bottle of cold water out.Filling a full glass I felt relief wash over me.Thinking what a blessing water is and how many people do not have clean and cold water to drink like I have.

Whispering hundreds of Alhamdulillah in my heart I thanked ALLAH.

The voices from hall had come to a stop but the bright lights still illuminated the hallways, maybe Mama and Baba left.Walking across the hallway I thought to close the extra lights.