Chapter 7

A/N: Hey everyone! So... I hope you're liking this so far? Yes? No? Please let me know. I, personally am surprised that anyone has read it so thank you thank you thank you!! Also, it's quarter to two, in the morning, and I am writing this... So needless to say it's probably going to be full of a lot of mistakes but I wanted to give you something! I've been trying to upload daily recently because I'm on holidays but that's nearly over so don't get used to it!! Thanks again and don't forget to read, comment and vote!! :) 

******************************************

When I woke I knew I had slept through most of the morning.

I figured it would be just shy of eleven. 

I opened my eyes to see jet black hair, messed around a pillow not very far from where I was, but he had his eyes still closed. 

I jumped back until the thoughts from last night came flashing back into my mind. 

Friends. Okay, I could do that. 

It was only when I moved to get up that I realized our fingers were gently interlaced together. 

I frowned at the surprising smoothness of his fingers against mine, the same ones that had been rubbing my back in that assembly. 

How the hell had this happened?

I shrugged, telling myself it wasn't important, and tried to pry my fingers out of his. 

Unfortunately this was when Max pried his sleepy green eyes open. With a sigh I fell back to the matress as Max smiled a sleepy - and quite frankly, dorky - smile. 

Without a word, he sat up, casually detangling his fingers with my own as he stretched his hands above his head with a yawn. 

I couldn't help but notice how unmasked by sleep he looked, apart from the sleepy eyes. 

"How do you wake up looking so..." I was going to say perfect but I stopped, not knowing where that even came from. "Normal?" I corrected myself, avoiding making a fool out of myself to my new friend. 

I meant what I had said last night by not being a good friend. Half the time I couldn't fathom why people actually talked to me, actually liked me, and liked spending time with me. 

Maybe that had come from my childhood. 

Memories of bullies in primary school flicked through my mind, picking on my glasses perched atop my nose and my freckles that scattered my nose. 

No. Don't think about it. Force it away.

Max had clearly said something but I had missed it, so I just nodded and smiled, then got up to check the time on my phone which was lying at the end of my bed. 

It was 2. In the afternoon. 

We had slept all day. 

How the fruitloop had that happened?

"It's flipping two o clock," I told him, crawling back to face him, who was now sitting up with the dorky smile still plastered on his face. 

I decided not to ask what that was about. 

"Ugh," he groaned, dropping back to the pillow. "Too early to be awake!"

I raised my eyebrows. "Really?"

He flashed the smile. His smile. "Really."

"Come on, let's get some food!" I told him, getting out of bed and pulling on a hoodie over the sweatshirt I now had on.