Chapter 11

I grabbed my phone from the end of my mattress and checked the time.

1:47am.

Groaning, I unlocked my phone and scrolled through Instagram until I hit the old photos. I was still sort of sleepy and I wished I was at home so that I had something to do.

I frowned when my phone buzzed with a text message.

I opened it and saw an unknown number.

Hey, you up?

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion and I responded.

Who is this sorry?

The response came instantly.

Oh of course you wouldn't have my number. This could be fun ;) 

Hmmm...

Who could it be?

Can you please just tell me?

I looked over to Leah and Tessa to see them both sleeping soundlessly.

I think this is the nicest I've ever heard you speak! I'm proud of you babe ;) 

That bitch. I should have known.

What are you doing awake Max?

I groaned again, burying my head in my pillow to muffle the sound.

My phone started buzzing again.

I looked to the screen.

Incoming call.

Really????

I quietly got out of bed and walked over to the door, opening it before walking to Leah's empty lounge room.

I pressed the green answer button and lifted it to my ear, only to be greeted by a very cheerful voice.

"How did you know it was me babe?"

I huffed. "What do you want?"

Max's loud laugh rang through the phone. "What h-happened to the nice person you were when you were texting?"

"That's because I didn't know who I was texting," I told him honestly, coming my hair through with my hand.

"Whatcha doiiiiiing?" He drawled, sounding very happy.

Too happy.

"Max, are you drunk?"

"What? Nooo!!" He responded, followed by girlish giggling.

Yup, definetly drunk. On a Thursday.

What??

"Max, it's Thursday. Why are you drunk?" I asked, frowning.

I pulled the blanket off the back of the couch and spread it over my legs, holding the phone between my shoulder and my ear like my mother used to do.

I immediately picked up my phone, deciding to awkwardly put the blanket on my legs with one hand than do anything that reminded me of her.

"Because m-my twin siblings wanted me t-to get drunk for the first time with them," he stuttered.

This is the first time he's ever drank?? How is that even possible for someone like him?

Then something hit me. As far as I knew - not that I had experienced it before - you didn't stutter when you were drunk.

"Why are you stuttering?" I asked him, the sleepiness wearing off.