Chapter 30

A/N: Hey y'all! Two chapters in one day yaaaay! Truth is I wrote this chapter a long time ago and only just had to edit it before I posted it, so I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I liked writing it! So yeah, please read, comment, vote and ENJOY! Also, there are a few songs that I wrote this chapter listening to and one of them is right over here --> The others included All I Want by Kodaline, Who You Are by Jessie J, All Of The Stars by Ed Sheeran and This Love by Maroon 5!

****************

"Woohoo let's go!" Leah exclaimed, pulling onto the curb at Max's house. It was clear the party had already started by the amount of cars that littered the street and by the pounding music that came from the backyard.

We walked through the front door instead of through the gate on the side - which is where everyone else was coming through - so that we could put our bags inside.

Max was just walking in through the backdoor as we were walking toward it. He looked... I can't even describe how hot he looked.

He was wearing a really nice, dark blue dress shirt that was rolled up to his elbows with a pair of black jeans and just, wow.

"Happy birthday," I wrapped my arms around Max's neck and pulled him into a tight hug, smiling involuntarily into his shoulder.

I was really getting pathetic. I mean, come on. I'd hugged the guy a million times but every time I still smiled as if it was something new and brilliant.

PATHETIC.

His hands fell to the small of my back as he whispered, "Thank you," into my hair.

After greeting Leah and Tessa much the same, he excused himself to put our presents in the kitchen, motioning for us to go to the backyard, so we did.

From the stairs that led to the yard, I looked around and admired it's beauty.

The trunk of the big oak tree was wrapped in tiny little fairy lights, the same ones that hung on the fence. There were even more fairy lights surrounding the banister of the treehouse which also wrapped around the ladder to get to it.

There were lamps in each corner of the yard, emanating enough light so that you could see, and the music was blaring through the speakers, a song I didn't recognize.

I spotted Max's siblings by the veranda, looking as if they would leave at the first chance they got. All except Hayley, who was smiling ecstatically and bopping along to the music.

"I'll be back in a minute," I told Leah, before heading over to where they were all standing.

"Rylie! Hey!" Hayley exclaimed, and I realised why she didn't mind being here. She was drunk.

I laughed. "Hey Hayley." Then she hugged me.

"Hey," Dustin smiled, hugging me as well, then Hazel did the same.

"You guys look like you're having fun," I commented, sarcasm weaving through my tone easily.

Dustin rolled his eyes. "Yeah! High school parties are so much fun when you're trying to keep your drunk sister from dancing with everyone," he responded, just as sarcastic.

I frowned. "Hazel! You shouldn't be drinking."

They both laughed until Hayley started to walk towards the party of dancers. They grabbed an arm each and held her back.

"But I want to go daaaaaance," she whined, pouting.

Dustin rolled his eyes. "Too bad."

Hazel laughed at her older siblings as they started to bicker. "It's a good thing we're leaving in half an hour, otherwise Hayley might succeed in joining the party."