Chapter 29

"How about this one?" Tessa asked, holding up a purple and blue dress that she got off the rack. 

It was Friday afternoon and Leah, Tessa and I were looking for dresses to wear to Max's party the following night. I didn't really need one but they insisted on dragging me along as well, just in case I saw anything I liked. 

Which I had. 

It was a beautiful navy and white dress with a fitted bodice and the skirt that flowed out at the waist. The girls had convinced me to get it, so I did. 

Leah had bought a black, sequined dress that was really fitted and now all that was left was to buy Tessa a dress. 

"Yeah you should go try it on!" Leah exclaimed, trying to be enthusiastic still. I knew the feeling. 

We had been in the shopping centre for a few hours now and we just wanted to go back to Leah's and watch movies. 

Friday's were a day to relax after a long week of hard school work, so this was not anyone's ideal situation. 

It turns out the dress was amazing, so she bought it and we walked out of the shop with relief. 

"Hey look!" Tessa said, pointing ahead of us to two people with black hair. "It's Max. But who's the girl he's with?"

It was Hayley, but I didn't say that. 

I really just wanted to scare him, so I handed my bag to Leah. "Can you please hold this for a sec?"

"Sure," she smiled, knowing I was going to do something involving Max. 

Which I did. 

I snuck up behind them and when i was right behind him, I jumped on his back. 

His reaction was immediate. He squealed like a little girl, while his big sister burst laughing. 

"HEY!" I screamed in his ear, my arms around his neck and my legs wrapped around his hips. 

"Oh you are so going down Ry," he threatened but I really wasn't scared. 

"Yeah, I really doubt that," Hayley cut in, still laughing at the both of us. 

"Me too!" I exclaimed, purposefully loud in his ear. I was enjoying myself way too much and I wasn't actually making any plans to get off his back. 

Except, it was now that Tessa and Leah decided to come over to us. 

"Oh hey Leah, hey Tess," Max greeted after her turned to face them, meaning I could see the suggestive looks they were giving both of us. 

Ugh... It's not going to happen!

"This is my si-"

"Hi! I'm Hayley, Max's older sister! You must be his other friends!" Hayley interrupted, a very happy smile covering her face. 

"Yeah, but we're not friends with him like Rylie is," Leah smirked which resulted in the three of them laughing. 

"Do you know what they're talking about?' I whispered in Max's ear. 

"No but I think they're being mean."

"Oh trust me Max, you'd like what we're talking about," Hayley pat his cheek while Tess and Leah laughed with her. 

After a few more minutes of teasing Max and Hayley had to go. They were getting things for the party tomorrow night so we left, going back to Leah's house to make homemade pizzas. 

"These are so good," I smiled contently, interrupting the movie we were watching. I still couldn't believe they were making me watch Titanic. I mean, it was possibly the worst movie I had ever seen and the fact I had to sit through three hours of this torture was despicable.